Did everyone get the tags they had hoped for

The Deer

Nov 24, 2013
Eastern Oregon
Well I guess that every wishes for a goat or a sheep tag but realistically did anyone here in Oregon pull some good tags? I pulled a deer tag in Oregon (that was expected) and pulled a random deer tag in Idaho, not what I was expecting but I will take it. How did you fellow Oregonians fair in pulling tags this year?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Yep I did. Drew a great Mule deer buck tag I've been trying to get for 6 years. Wife drew a doe antelope and I drew a cow elk. It's going to be a fun year of family hunting.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I drew a good buck tag too, my brother drew Mt Emily #2 bull tag. It's going to be a good year for us here in OR. OH I also drew Gen season elk in Wy, I'm really looking forward to this fall. Hunting starts in September and ends mid November

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Just a second choice deer tag here in OR. Looks like I'll have to decide on archery or 1st season rifle for elk. I drew a MT Goat tag for AK and an Antelope and General Deer for MT, hopefully I can squeeze in late ID Deer. In OR my son drew an Antelope tag and a good friend drew a Bighorn Sheep tag so I'll have to help them and live the hunt through their tags:).

I drew the tags I planned for, but nothing special. The main priority was to account for myself, my wife, two kids, and one other friend, and that's what happened. Would have been a difficult year to draw a special tag because we're supposed to be building a house this fall.

QQ

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
All general season for me. Between the kids and I we were 0-23 in Oregon and I was 0-everything in Utah and Idaho!

Should have a solid chance at my Weneha archery elk tag next year....

The Deer

Nov 24, 2013
Eastern Oregon
All general season for me. Between the kids and I we were 0-23 in Oregon and I was 0-everything in Utah and Idaho!

Should have a solid chance at my Weneha archery elk tag next year....
I am also thinking of getting second whitetail tag for the unit I am in since they reduced the cost to $199

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
Second chance deer tag. OTC elk tag. The cool part is I have a maximum of 2 hr Drive to any of my hunting spots for this year.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
AUGUST-DECEMBER: Fall black bear tag in Oregon.

MID SEPTEMBER: My muzzleloader elk hunt in Colorado.

EARLY OCTOBER: My daughter drew a Columbia Whitetail tag, and we have very good private land to hunt.

MID OCTOBER: My wife drew a good muzzleloader elk tag for Oregon.

LATE OCTOBER: My daughter and I drew local doe blacktail tags.

EARLY NOVEMBER: My oldest son wants to hunt general season blacktail with the late dates this year.

EARLY NOVEMBER: I waited in line and picked up a leftover Oregon elk tag.

LATE NOVEMBER: My wife and I drew late muzzleloader blacktail tags.

DECEMBER: I drew a local muzzleloader elk tag.

DECEMBER-FEBRUARY: My daughter drew a very good local cow elk hunt.

Last edited:

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Not as busy as Umpqua but I'll be in the woods for the following:

01 Aug Oregon bear
30 Aug Oregon Archery Elk
Late Sept WY type one elk (Bow/Rifle)
Early Oct WY cow elk
CO 1st season rifle elk
Late Oct Oregon rifle deer

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Not as busy as Umpqua but I'll be in the woods for the following:

01 Aug Oregon bear
30 Aug Oregon Archery Elk
Late Sept WY type one elk (Bow/Rifle)
Early Oct WY cow elk
CO 1st season rifle elk
Late Oct Oregon rifle deer
I think you are gonna be more busy. Several of mine are one or two afternoon hunts. You're gonna be hustlin'!!

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
I wish I could say that my deal would be sealed in one or two afternoons.
I'm going out on a limb and say that two of the those might get sealed in a couple of days.
I have no expectations for those tags back home but it will be nice to get a little hunting locally.

Good luck on all those tags...... I think the kid's WT hunt might end up being the most rewarding!!!!!