Delorme Map Sale

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Just picked up a few that I've been needing, and replaced a pretty ratty one that I've had for a LONG time. Thanks for the heads up!

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
I've been wondering which map book is the better to have. The Delorme look good but a seem like they could be a little awkward to use with the two sections (recreation and whatever the other is called). There are the red map books (can't remember who makes those) I have two of them, they are okay. They give more road detail, but don't list hunt units are show terrain).

What are your impressions of the two (maybe there are others)? If anyone has used both, I'd appreciate hearing your preferances.

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I think Delorme is the red one, not sure who the other one you are talking about is. Colorado has phenomenal online mapping software, NM has none, not sure about AZ or UT.

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
I think Delorme is the red one, not sure who the other one you are talking about is. Colorado has phenomenal online mapping software, NM has none, not sure about AZ or UT.
You are right. Geeze I'm an idiot.... Benchmark is the black one....
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Benchmark-Road-and-Recreation-Atlases/productDetail/Atlas/prod9999002846/cat100771

It's cool because it outlines hunting units on the map, but it looks a little less detailed than the Delorme... and it has two sections, which seems like it might get to be a hassel. Just wondering if anyone else had used the two and had thoughts.