Decoying

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Just wanted to see if anybody has any success using a decoy on mulies for spot and stalk with the bow. I?ve heard some say it works, while others said no way. I haven?t tried, but thought it would be awesome if it would work. Anything to help to give you an extra few yards closer and on the draw. Let me know your thoughts, success, or failures!

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Might work on a good water hole?Any Movement while spot and stalk will send them running
Stealth is the key,stay hidden!Run Silent Run Deep...:cool:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I think it would work better for WT than MD. Especially if hunting out of a blind or treestand.
I don't think if would work all that great for spot n stock.

dirtytough

Feb 15, 2012
Washington
There are more and more guys decoying mule deer in Kansas and eastern Colorado. I want to try it here in ND. Seems like it works well in areas that are open and deer can see for a ways.

Brianh

Jan 1, 2013
Rhinelander, WI
We tried the Heads Up Mule deer head last year in South Dakota in September while the bucks were still in bachelor groups. Walked from 150 to 100 yards directly at them before they walked away from us. We had nothing to lose as there was no cover between us. And just wanted to see what would happen. I'd try it again.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I'd probably only try it in very open country. I've never tried it personally, but if I couldn't get any closer to a deer I might give it a shot. I would think closer to the rut would work better than super early or late. Never tried it, but just my thoughts.