Decided to stop lurking...

Mr_steve

Jan 30, 2014
Yakima, WA
Hey guys,

I have been watching this site for a while and decided I would stop lurking and introduce myself. I recognize a few from other sites but there looks to be a great community developing here.

I'll start out with a little about me. I grew up in North Dakota on a farm near Devils Lake, ND. My friend Shayne introduced me to hunting when I was in high school since no one from my family really hunted. We have been going on several hunts since. I graduated from North Dakota State University in May of 2012 and moved down to Omaha for a job. I brought my wife (fiancé at the time) with me and currently work for Cargill in Blair, NE.

I have mainly hunted whitetails and waterfowl as well as coyotes and turkeys. The photo below is my best bow kill yet from my junior year in college. Just recently we have begun making trips out west. Last fall we went elk hunting for the first time in Montana (video below) as well as antelope hunting for the second time in WY. This spring we will be headed to the Cabinet Mountains in Montana for a week to try find a black bear (advice welcome as we have no idea what we are doing). We plan to hunt elk in the same area this fall along with the regular deer hunting. We will make our fist trip out to western Nebraska for mule deer too.

Look forward to contributing! Feel free to ask me any questions.

2011 Bow Deer.jpg

[video=youtube;hImxCkwGlmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hImxCkwGlmk[/video]

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Hey Steve, very cool intro. I think that's the first time ever I've seen a video for an intro. Great idea. Looking forward to having you around. I hope you realize just how fortunate you are to kill a bull on your first elk hunt. Nicely done.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Nice video... I actually just watched that on youtube last week when I was checking out elk hunts. Looked like a very fun and adventurous hunt man.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
That's a great whitey, I'm assuming it's nodak. What a great state to archery hunt, you just never know what's going to come out of that cattail swamp.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
Welcome aboard Steve. Nice introduction and very nice introduction video. I enjoied it. I think you upped the bar now having a video included as part of your introduction. Getting an elk with a bow on your first trip and on film is quite the acomplishment. I'm quite impressed. The video was very well done. Thanks for taking us along for the ride on that hunt.

bowhiker

Feb 10, 2014
Washington
That's a very professional video you filmed. Great job on stickin a bull on your first hunt. I look forward to more of them. Wecome.