Decided on Caliber - Now need to decide on Rifle

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
Best bang for the buck is a Tikka T3 or a Savage 110. Both models I achieved MOA with little or no hand loading.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
LOL!!! :sneaky:

I can relate to the my 2 yr old can shoot it and the it's made for a girl pics. Really do want a light recoil gun. Not into man buns at all - do I need to grow one to shoot the Creed?

Thanks, DanP

Reactions: Bonecollector

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, Bonecollector! Funny stuff and I used to agree with you but that little round has won me over the past couple years. Especially as a rifle my wife and I can both shoot for an awful lot of game.

Personally, I'd look at the Weatherby Mark V or Vanguard series and never turn back. Although every Savage 6.5 Creed I've shot has been lights out as well.

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
Buy a Kimber M84 in a 7-08 top it with a Bushnell elite 3500 4x12 w/ the ballistic reticle get some 140 gr or 150 gr loads sight it in at a hundred yards and the reticle works to 600 yards DONE !! all for the $1200 budget !! Light, handy, weather proof, go to gun for all species

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I decided to look at the 3500 Bushnell Elite and see that they have been discontinued. Do like that BDC reticle.

Been looking at rifles - some of those plastic stocks are incredibly flimsy.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
If you want one rifle for you and your wife to both use, there is a good chance that the length of pull will not fit one of you. If the compact/youth type stocks fit your wife best, then a Sims slip on pad might lengthen it enough to fit you fine.

BTW — Bonecollector almost makes me ashamed to admit that I own a Creedmoor 😀

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Good point. Browning AB3 has a nice compact. Feels a tad small but a slip on recoil pad might fix that.