DEATH BY A TICK?!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My GGrandmother caught Rocky Mt Spotted Fever from a tick and died back in the 1880's. She is buried is Stevensville, Mt. My Uncle caught it and almost died. Nothing to screw around with for sure!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, did I mention Permethrin?

In the camping aisle at your local Walmart, on Amazon, and various other places. You can even purchase it at your local farming supply store in concentrate form but you then need to dilute it down to a 0.5% concentration to place into your own spray bottle.

It is so good that the military is now having their uniforms already treated with it.

This stuff works....

Reactions: Buckbob

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, Permethrin, did I mention Permethrin?

In the camping aisle at your local Walmart, on Amazon, and various other places. You can even purchase it at your local farming supply store in concentrate form but you then need to dilute it down to a 0.5% concentration to place into your own spray bottle.

It is so good that the military is now having their uniforms already treated with it.

This stuff works....
This stuff is amazing! Highly recommend!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
till we find out it causes testicular cancer. on that day folks will decide deaths not so bad. :LOL:

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Sorta related, ticks nearly killed me. I contracted alpha gal 5 years ago when living in KS. Nearly killed me a few times not knowing what the culprit was. Worst part, I never went into the woods without permethrin. Somehow they still found a way

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
That's the one problem with Permethrin is that you still need to use a good repellent with deet on your exposed skin. It would be quite easy for a tick to get into your hair and embed itself on your head. That is if you still have hair..

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Always do a thorough check at the end of each day. Tip of your toes to the top of your head.