Darn Tough socks

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Bought new socks for Alaska this fall, been seeing a lot of people say good things about the Darn Tough Socks so I ordered 4 pair. Work boots in this 100deg heat is a good test. No stink, minimal feet sweating, and great comfort! Will see long term how they are. These are replacing my Redhead brand socks.

Attachments

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Yep. You’ll be happy you did it. The only thing annoying is I still have all the packaging for over 2 years. I swore I would be making a claim on their guarantee but I have yet to need to. Probably start getting rid of the packaging soon.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Yep. You’ll be happy you did it. The only thing annoying is I still have all the packaging for over 2 years. I swore I would be making a claim on their guarantee but I have yet to need to. Probably start getting rid of the packaging soon.
Oh crap I tossed them already! 😳

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
finally bought some last year . they be pricey but my feet did stay toasty warm all winter. so it's worth the money.

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Montana you don't need the packaging to replace the socks. I've ran darn tough for over 10 years and replaced several pair. Just take them to any dealer (Scheels, etc) and they will replace them no questions asked. I contacted Darn Tough CS years ago and they said if there are any issues tell the store to contact them after they replace your socks. Will be a customer for life

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Montana you don't need the packaging to replace the socks. I've ran darn tough for over 10 years and replaced several pair. Just take them to any dealer (Scheels, etc) and they will replace them no questions asked. I contacted Darn Tough CS years ago and they said if there are any issues tell the store to contact them after they replace your socks. Will be a customer for life
sounds like darn is one stand up company. I love hearing of companies that do right by their customers.
on the same token, customers should return the good faith by not taking undo or unwaranted advantage of companies good faith.
not saying anyone here is . it is just that I have seen some do so.
it is great when companies do the no question asked lifetime warranties and I commend those that do but consumers should also realize that a "lifetime " warranty does not mean the consumers lifetime . it is the products reasonable lifetime .
if one wears a hole in a pair of socks after several years it is not really reasonable to expect them replaced ( even if said company is willing to do it) but some do.

my point is just that , when a company is willing to do right by it's customers , it's customers should also do right by the company.

so.... what were the issues you had that they had to be replaced ?

Reactions: AKaviator

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Upper sock threading loosened causing gaps in the sock twice, and twice for holes for wearing them around without shoes. I'm not worried about x's and o's on what and isn't right, they are very specific in their warranty that if and when you wear them out, no matter how, they will replace them... no questions asked

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Upper sock threading loosened causing gaps in the sock twice, and twice for holes for wearing them around without shoes. I'm not worried about x's and o's on what and isn't right, they are very specific in their warranty that if and when you wear them out, no matter how, they will replace them... no questions asked
not judging , just asking . was simply wondering if the socks were faulty or substandard in some way.
lord knows , I always try but sometimes fail to do what's right.

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
I haven't had sock issues under two years of harsh use. No hard feelings at all. I've seen my fair share of people buy waders, spotting scopes, etc only to return them a week later after their trip. I'll never understand those people either

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Bought new socks for Alaska this fall, been seeing a lot of people say good things about the Darn Tough Socks so I ordered 4 pair. Work boots in this 100deg heat is a good test. No stink, minimal feet sweating, and great comfort! Will see long term how they are. These are replacing my Redhead brand socks.
If you don't mid my asking, how do they compare to the Redhead sock as far as thickness?
I have some redhead socks that are about 10 years old and they are great. I bought some new ones a couple of years ago and they are just a little thinner than my old one.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
If you don't mid my asking, how do they compare to the Redhead sock as far as thickness?
I have some redhead socks that are about 10 years old and they are great. I bought some new ones a couple of years ago and they are just a little thinner than my old one.
I have been wearing the hiker boot sock so far. But I would say the hunter over-the-calf extra cushion is pretty close the the redheads. I use them most in the late season deer hunting in a stand when it’s cold. Would say my feet are dryer in these than my readheads, but I did just get them. On day two at work with the same pair on!

Reactions: Gr8bawana

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Id say they are a little different from the Redheads in two ways. Small differences.
1) Redhead in my hand after wear and tear seems to have more cotton in them. Dont know if thats true just feels that way.
2) Darn Tough seems a little thinner.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I've been using them for a couple of years now.
They are really great socks!
Although I think I messed up by getting a couple pairs of the thick winter-weight socks … after wearing their lighter/mid-weight socks I don't think it will ever get cold enough for those heavy weight ones.

Reactions: Slugz