Danner Vitals boots

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Anyone have experience with this boot from Danner? I tried a pair on and they felt really good and light weight. the price isn't bad either. I do most of my hunting in Oct/Nov here in Oregon so conditions can be either wet or snow typically.

Thanks
Travis

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I've been sporting the Danner Pronghorns for 2 seasons and they have been great.
Bonus: I got a heck of a deal on them as well.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Another + for Danners. IMHO good boots at their price point. Nothing at all against the European mountaineering style boots-but like Czech optics-just not in my budget for the forseeable future.

I use a model I got in 2014 for my western hunting in cooler conditions; 'East Ridge', they continue to serve well & still have wear left; but may need to be replaced after this coming season. I only use them ~ 3/wks yr, hunting/scouting, since then, as I don't live out west and don't have the need to use them more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
I've only owned 1 pair of danner's. Kestrels,
Unlike everyone else's experience my feet never really liked them and after 3 years of use the soles simply crumbled away. Sort of like rotted off. Never tried another pair

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I love my Danner high grounds have used for 3 seasons of michigan deer hunting and used them this past fall on my bear/small game/fishing trip. I make sure to re water proof them every spring to make sure they hold up after the Michigan winter hunts. Never had in issue. But I dont hunt areas with a lot of rock so not sure how well they hold up against that. Also they were one of the few boots I could find in a size 15

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Can’t speak for this particular model but I love Danners. Awesome boots at an affordable price. Take care of them and you’ll be amazed at the years you get from them. I have Canadians and Elk Hunters for hunting and a pair for work...quarry I believe.

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
the pronghorn boots they had on display didnt look right, the leather looked almost fake or plastic which was strange. I was looking at the vitals because of the weight savings as well.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I would say if you like the vitals , give em a try.
as with any product you will find some who love it and some who hate it.

I where my pronghorns every day and am tough on them so I seldom get more then a year or two at best out of them. that may not sound great but I have found no other boot that holds up any better .and that includes kenetrek. my kenetreks was a fine boot but I simply could not justify paying twice the price of a danner a second time, when they held up no longer.

I can't speak to warranties comparison ,because as I said , I am hard on boots and figure it is wrong to take unreasonable advantage of a company.

as with all boots fit is key to comfort.

IMO ,danner makes a solid product and price is reasonable.

Last edited: