D14 bucks

2Bigbuck44

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks bigshot....I miss hunting there, because it's where I first started hunting and shot my first buck in 86'. Haven't hunted it since 98'....but I still like to read up on it (good memories)..... I've enjoyed all the nice posts and pics in this thread...Good luck to everyone hunting it this year....I'd say an inch fat means those bucks were eating quite well. They look healthy in the pics. Too bad you can't thin out the Cougar population. Now I see you won't be able to use ammo with lead in it- good ole Kommiefornia politics....

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Thanks guys, good luck this weekend Muleys 24/7, Baby backs (4x4), is still out there waiting for ya......go get him!

Hey 2Bigbuck44 welcome to the forum, Over all, I personally do believe the herd is on a decline, but I think it's from poachers, Mt Lions and coyotes as a whole. The habitat has improved greatly from all the fires we've had the last ten years. The bucks I took this year had an inch of fat along their backs!
Is it snowing up there today. Looks like there are plenty of clouds from down here.

SRubz

Nov 6, 2013
Nice Bucks everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm in 29 palms and would like to hunt D14 this year and I don't know very much about the public land up there, I'm not from California and I figured I'd try and get a couple hunts in while I was out here. Does anyone know where I can get maps of the public land or any other information, I can't find very much about it on the internet. Thank You.

grimsreapers

Apr 26, 2013
Rialto CA
Nice Bucks everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm in 29 palms and would like to hunt D14 this year and I don't know very much about the public land up there, I'm not from California and I figured I'd try and get a couple hunts in while I was out here. Does anyone know where I can get maps of the public land or any other information, I can't find very much about it on the internet. Thank You.
bass pro shop has them but the season ends sunday

SRubz

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks, I was trying to get ready for next year, I've been offroading a lot near Big Bear Lake but other than the trails I don't know where it's legal to shoot and hunt. They have a lot of rules out here compared to Wisconsin.

Tag stew

May 27, 2013
Roseville,CA
Thanks, I was trying to get ready for next year, I've been offroading a lot near Big Bear Lake but other than the trails I don't know where it's legal to shoot and hunt. They have a lot of rules out here compared to Wisconsin.
Ha, that's an understatement!

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
San Bernardino County publishes a map that shows the areas where it is legal to shoot and hunt in the San Bernardino National Forest and surrounding area, which is pretty much all D-14. I do not remember where I got mine, but I think that I picked it up at a forest ranger station near Big Bear a few years back.

SRubz

Nov 6, 2013
I was going to check around the town at the ranger stations and at the discovery center, thanks for the help. Is it all spot and stalk kind of hunting cause I wanted to go with my bow and have never hunted mountains like out here before. Also is there a good amount of land to hunt and what's there deer population like. I've never seen one but like I said I haven't really been far off the trails yet.

EasyE

Sep 23, 2013
Hey guys, I was wondering, for next year, does anyone know of a good place to take deer for processing? If so, what is the average cost? Thanks for any advise