Cruz wins Wyoming

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
How does a guy who would sell off all our land win in places that have the most to lose
Come on.......I have no doubt he will win Planet Utard as well.

genesis27:3

Mar 12, 2015
North Carolina
The same concerned post came up on another forum, and I said there:
You would be amazed at the amount of voters who vote not having a clue as to what the candidate's stance of verious issues really are. I'd say more than half.

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
Less than 1000 people voted on Saturday in Wyoming's caucus. And that process was orchestrated by the GOP establishment. We badly need a statewide primary process where all Republicans are more likely to participate. One thousand people, who claim to represent all Republicans, gave Cruz 9 delegates. I hope and pray it is not the 9 that will push him over the top.

If you think "orchestrated" is too strong a word, take a look at the Wyoming GOP website. Under friends and allies, you will see "American Lands Council". You will also see "Wyoming Liberty Group". Both of these organizations are strong advocates of transfer/sale: http://wyoming.gop/friends-and-allies/

If you are as unhappy with the caucus system as I am (and the closed system it represents), please let the Wyoming GOP know at: http://wyoming.gop/contact-us/

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
We don't vote, caucus system here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You said it...."We don't vote". We have a caucus system here in Colorado too. My belief is that it takes the vote out of the hands of the voter and gives it to the party. The thing that I realized years ago, was that each party sets their own rules on how they select their candidate for President, and they may be completely different from each other. I hate this system and at least here in Colorado the way to change it rests with the state legislature. Good luck getting them to agree on anything!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
There is a strong ground swell in Minnesota to change from the caucus system to the primary for the same reason. The problem with most primaries is that 10% of the electorate determine who goes on to the general election. In a typical caucus, that number may well be 1% to 3%. This year, in MN that caucus number actually neared 10%. At least there is a 70% general election participation rate in MN. I don't want to get too involved in politics on this forum as it can get folks really worked up. Just keep in mind that it is important to not just focus on a single issue when deciding who to support

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
Are you serious? Have you seen this?

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article64362377.html

And even if the Wyoming caucus vote supports the candidate you prefer, you have to wonder why less than 1000 people should be able to give that candidate 9 delegates. What happened to the principle of "one man, one vote". These 1000 people are claiming to represent thousands of Wyoming Republicans.
thanks for sharing that link he wont get my vote!!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
And the scary thing is, there is going to be a major push by the GOP to caucus over a primary due to the Trump factor.

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
There is a strong ground swell in Minnesota to change from the caucus system to the primary for the same reason. The problem with most primaries is that 10% of the electorate determine who goes on to the general election. In a typical caucus, that number may well be 1% to 3%. This year, in MN that caucus number actually neared 10%. At least there is a 70% general election participation rate in MN. I don't want to get too involved in politics on this forum as it can get folks really worked up. Just keep in mind that it is important to not just focus on a single issue when deciding who to support
Sometimes a single issue is so important that it becomes the focus and dictates who to support, in my opinion

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
We all know it's Trump vs. Hilary unless Bernie somehow upsets Hilary.

And if it's not Trump, he'll run as a 3rd party.

SunnyInCO

Oct 20, 2015
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
We all know it's Trump vs. Hilary unless Bernie somehow upsets Hilary.

And if it's not Trump, he'll run as a 3rd party.
I still think he is in it for the publicity and when it gets down to the end he will do something real stupid and then drop out. What he is doing now may be the start of the process.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I am for or against Trump on policy but do not appreciate his antics right now.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Are you serious? Have you seen this?

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article64362377.html

And even if the Wyoming caucus vote supports the candidate you prefer, you have to wonder why less than 1000 people should be able to give that candidate 9 delegates. What happened to the principle of "one man, one vote". These 1000 people are claiming to represent thousands of Wyoming Republicans.
The system in Wyoming and other States is rigged. The party establishment gets to decide who gets the delegates. The voting system has always been rigged in Wyoming.

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
Last edited:

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
can some of you guys give a few good reasons why trump should be prez? a few good reasons. im just interested on where everyone's heads are. I my self voted for Kasich in primaries. was just who I felt most comfortable with. I am pulling for trump now. just interested in what everyone likes outside of the fed land ordeal. and religion shouldn't play a factor.