Couple blacktails

kbook77

Mar 12, 2011
California Bucks.The big one scored 158 gross and 148 net he is 26 1/2 inches wide. It was a DIY hunt in 2005

Hope you like...

Bubba19

Feb 22, 2011
These bucks are in no way hybrids... I went on Google earth and the line of site from the coast is 43 miles and west of highway 5 by 47 miles. These bucks were all killed out of Covelo, CA. I just looked elkslayer your from Oregon how would you know. You have blacktails, muleys and whitetails in you state and you say Cali deer are hybrids.

elkslayer4x5

Mar 3, 2011
Lane County, Oregon
These bucks are in no way hybrids... I went on Google earth and the line of site from the coast is 43 miles and west of highway 5 by 47 miles. These bucks were all killed out of Covelo, CA. I just looked elkslayer your from Oregon how would you know. You have blacktails, muleys and whitetails in you state and you say Cali deer are hybrids.
I'm in Oregon now, moved up here in April, up till then I lived in Mendocino County, California all my life, born in Fort Bragg. Been there so long that I know native Californian's NEVER call their state cali. Since you don't seem to know, Covelo is in Mendocino County.
And they ARE Hybrids

Last edited:

Bubba19

Feb 22, 2011
Elkslayer, If you wouldnt mind filling me in on how and why these are hybrid deer with rock hard evidence then i will believe you. I have lived all my life in california. I don't mean to pose an augument! I worked hard for these deer! I would love to see some of your deer (hybrid photo's). But please don't hate on other people's pride and joy! Oh yea, you are correct Covelo is in Medocino County.

Have a great season, truely hope you get a pure breed blacktail!!!!!