colorado unit 76 info

jonnyelk

Mar 26, 2015
hello all,
I drew unit 76 muzzle loading tag this year. I live in Durango and decided to get out of the point creep here and apply for 76. the best part about this hunt is that I am an archery hunter. I decide to go muzzle loading to get a little more distance when up at tree line.
has anyone hunted the area? I am also considering scouting the burn area. new growth, lots of rain this year= top notch antler growth.
I have scouted the areas off stony pass. the unit is so big that I am undecided of what areas to focus on. I will be on foot, no horse, no atv's. spike camps are going to be my main focus.
any info would be much appreciated.
I have been hunting the Durango area for over 20years and will to share knowledge if interested- units 75,76,751

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
hello all,
I drew unit 76 muzzle loading tag this year. I live in Durango and decided to get out of the point creep here and apply for 76. the best part about this hunt is that I am an archery hunter. I decide to go muzzle loading to get a little more distance when up at tree line.
has anyone hunted the area? I am also considering scouting the burn area. new growth, lots of rain this year= top notch antler growth.
I have scouted the areas off stony pass. the unit is so big that I am undecided of what areas to focus on. I will be on foot, no horse, no atv's. spike camps are going to be my main focus.
any info would be much appreciated.
I have been hunting the Durango area for over 20years and will to share knowledge if interested- units 75,76,751
No need to start a second thread on the same inquiry :)

http://forum.eastmans.com/showthread.php/11469-colorado-unit-76-info-needed

The point of the new members section is to introduce yourself, tell us a bit about yourself and become part of the Eastman's community. Glad to have you.

Last edited: