Colorado Mule Deer and Black Bear Combo Hunt

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
[video]https://youtu.be/UXpLURYQkqA?list=PLsCaxOyKjb4qgz1SzXlLQRvr40TJzIqs U[/video]

Hopefully this gets everyone excited for spring bear! Who is going after one?

Last edited:

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
My sons drew a spring bear tag so we are heading out Friday to see what is out. We spotted this bear a month ago in the area they will be hunting, it was 500 yards across a draw. We got to watch him for 1/2 hour until he went into the thick timber.

spring bear.jpg

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
Great video it got me even more excited about getting out there this spring. I probably won't do much hunting for black bears until turkey season is over here in the Kootenays May 15. I may get out for a couple of short afternoon hunts before then but I'd really like to take my first bear on a backpack trip I have planned for later in May. Spot and stalk in some really nice south facing alpine in a roadclosure(vehicle access for hunting purposes restricted). I've been hunting for 30+ years but was never really all that interested in bear hunting until last year and even then I only got out a couple of times. This year I'm hoping to take one in the spring and one in the fall to sort of do a taste comparison. Not looking for a rug or a mount just interested in seeing what the meat is like. If the family doesn't like the meat I most likely won't bother with bear hunting again.