Colorado Elk - And so it begins.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I’m here but I’ve only seen 3 cows. 5 bears tho. 3 on private and two this eve that I ran outa light on the stalk. Haven’t heard a bugle or laid eyes on a bull. Got a good feeling it may be a bears last night on the Colorado plateau.
good luck and knock him down!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Bugles every am that shuts down at 0830 sharp. Quiet all day and hot. Zero evening action.
Snuck on a big 6 the other day in some steep ugly stuff. No shooting lane and he trotted away side hilling. Cows running around in groups of 5 to 7.
Plently of idiot spikes coming to the call.

1st cow went down this am. 42 yard pass through.
Packing her out now. Pics when we can.

Looks like a change in the weather for the muzzle opener and some rain next week. Hot and dry right now up here.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Had an honest amount of good chances at bulls.
The full moon scared alot of people away so the woods was empty. Zero hunting pressure.

I had a big boy slow play me while I slow played him the last am. Darkest blackest longest mane I ever seen. In the end he stood there slightly uphill from me posing like the Hartford Insurance commercial knowing I couldnt touch him with my bow.

Humble and thankful to spend another September in the woods with my son, family and friends.

Veteran duck/dark goose opener on the 24th!! Here we go!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The full moon scared alot of people away so the woods was empty. Zero hunting pressure.
Moon Nazi's........I fear that I fall into that group! lol

Awesome pictures as usual, congratulations to the hunters, and I am glad you had a great trip!

Last edited:
Reactions: Slugz