CO Deer Results are Out

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'm beginning wonder just how much they changed the draw.

I checked my PP and I now have 1 for deer, so I didn't draw my first choice which was a 50/50 chance.

But nothing on my second choice or my third choice yet. My third choice this year went to OTC last year so who knows.

Also no email yet so all is not lost yet, I think.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I just checked...no e-mail yet, but I logged on to my account with the CO P&K, and saw that I was drawn and charged for the cow elk tag. I have to wait for my partners to contact me about their draw, as they applied separately for bull tags.

Reactions: AKaviator

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, I just got the elk email, but then all I put in for was a PP. Still nothing on deer.

I looked at the guide book but there is nothing about how the second and third choice draws work now. I wonder if I now have to wait on the left over draw before second or third choices are drawn?

• Sad
Reactions: LCH

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I found a post on another forum that second choice happens this Friday.

I'll quit complaining about nothing showing up until then.

I was thinking that I would be archery hunting deer this year if I could find a OTC tag. But all is not lost yet.

Reactions: TexElkHunter817

Gerald

Dec 8, 2017
Colorado
Well, I just got the elk email, but then all I put in for was a PP. Still nothing on deer.

I looked at the guide book but there is nothing about how the second and third choice draws work now. I wonder if I now have to wait on the left over draw before second or third choices are drawn?
No they've already gone through all four of our choices in the draw.. I got a second choice and a friend got his fourth choice. There is a secondary draw coming up though where we will all have to put in again for the draw to get whatever's leftover

arwaterfowler

Dec 4, 2011
Omaha, NE
Put in for 55 Archery and didn't draw. I had 9 points and it took 8 last year. It did take much more than 9 points a few years ago. Somewhat disappointed, but not terribly surprised.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I just checked...no e-mail yet, but I logged on to my account with the CO P&K, and saw that I was drawn and charged for the cow elk tag. I have to wait for my partners to contact me about their draw, as they applied separately for bull tags.
My two hunting partners drew their bull/any elk tags. Not suprising since it was a 3 to 4 pt. draw last year and they had 9 pts. The origional plan was to try for the MZL tag, but it's possible that they wouldn't have made the cut. 1st rifle is on the docket and in the bag.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
No they've already gone through all four of our choices in the draw.. I got a second choice and a friend got his fourth choice. There is a secondary draw coming up though where we will all have to put in again for the draw to get whatever's leftover
The fact still remains that I have still not received a email or a charge on my CC for deer after 2-3 days. As I mentioned I am close to 100% able to draw my third choice since there is usually left over tags in that unit that go to OTC.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I received three tags and received an email for two of them but not for deer. I can tell I got my deer tag because my application changed from “Entered” to “Active” and my Preference Points changed to Zero ... but no email.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
The fact still remains that I have still not received a email or a charge on my CC for deer after 2-3 days. As I mentioned I am close to 100% able to draw my third choice since there is usually left over tags in that unit that go to OTC.
The fact that you don't have a charge doesn't bode well. My guess is increased demand bit you, same as me.

I'm anxious to see the draw stats and leftover draw list, my guess is pickings are going to be even more slim than usual this year.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just check your application status on the CO Parks & Wildlife page. As I mentioned above it will tell you the status of your application .... tag or no tag.
I did and it shows that I didn't, but a couple years ago it showed that and I still got my second choice.

There used to be a page that showed the draw order but I can't find it now. I'll just sit and wait until after Friday to see what happens. On the odds that I was looking at were from last year so I didn't think that they would change that much.

It is just odd that I got my elk email but I still haven't gotten my antelope email but the points are updated on both along with my deer point.