Closure question

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Wondering if the forest service is shutting down roads in national forest roads in the forest because of the virus. Has there been any discussion about it. I know campgrounds are closed.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
i dont know how they would enforce it,,i think they shouldnt worry about it,,keep 6 ft away and call it good myself.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I know the blm is only closing those spots that are high traffic and congested. I don't see the Forest service doing anything different.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Individual counties are saying to stay away and in some cases the county sheriff has been issuing tickets for failure to comply with the temporary restrictions.

You have to remember that these usually remote areas don't have large healthcare facilities and they would like to keep the beds that are available for the residents of that county. The best thing to do is to call the county health department where you plan to go and see if there are any restrictions in place and then make a decision.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I am not aware of any road closures as yet with the forest service.

as you've said many campgrounds have been shutdown. many boat ramps also

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Good points, Jim. As with poaching and plenty of other back-country no-no's, enforcement is light. 100% of people won't be honorable, but the honor system works best when most people generally are...