Check out this KILLSHOT...

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
You will never see a spring bear season back in Colorado. It would take another voter referendum to get rid of the one that passed years ago and that isn't likely to happen with the populace that is in place now.

I will say one thing, that if this upcoming wolf vote does not pass then perhaps there is a slight chance of it happening but very slim. Even Colorado Parks and Wildlife admit that it is a slim chance of a spring bear hunt again.
Do you suppose any of the people that stopped the spring bear season ever thought, "I just don't think we'll ever stop this spring bear hunting"?

I assure you they said it, thought it, and yet kept after it until they got their way. It wasn't a one year campaign.

If we're just "wishing", my wish would be that the average hunter had the heart and dedication of those that oppose hunting...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I see they are proposing to bring back a spring bear hunt in Ontario. The ministry realizes that the rising population of black bears is destroying their moose population. They dont come right out and say that but they might as well......
They brought back the spring hunt in Ontario about 3-4 years ago. The guy went to 2 years ago had spring hunts already when we went

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan

It was a pilot program.

My favorite comment. lol

"As long as it's hand to hand combat with no weapons," another wrote. "Have at it!"
Interesting out guide made it sound like it was permanent not a trial run