Check out this KILLSHOT...

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
If you dont want to waste 10 minutes just fast forward to 8:40 for the only kill shot.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I see they are proposing to bring back a spring bear hunt in Ontario. The ministry realizes that the rising population of black bears is destroying their moose population. They dont come right out and say that but they might as well......

Reactions: lukew

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
"They" includes you...take the lead and get after it. Why is it always up to someone else to fix your woes?
I said I wish they would bring one back … and I do.
I did NOT say I wasn't doing anything about it.
Why did you assume that?
I have no idea why you said I need someone else to fix my woes … I never think like that.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Well, just sit at home and keep wishing "they" would bring a spring season back.

I'm sure "they" will get right on that.

So what's your action plan to get the spring season back?

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Ya know Buzz, you always seem very informed on the issues you discuss.
Unfortunately you also always come across pretty much as an A-hole.
I haven't done anything to provoke you but yet you're being a jerk.
Perhaps you'd have better luck with folks if you'd be a little friendlier.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Ya know Buzz, you always seem very informed on the issues you discuss.
Unfortunately you also always come across pretty much as an A-hole.
I haven't done anything to provoke you but yet you're being a jerk.
Perhaps you'd have better luck with folks if you'd be a little friendlier.
I'm just curious what your action plan is for getting spring bear seasons back in Colorado...honestly. How is asking that being an "A-hole"?

Seems there's more than enough bears to warrant it, yet nobody seems to be doing anything to change the???

If you're doing something, is it a regulation change, or a change in statute that is required?

Do you know?

I get to hunt bears in the spring and fall in Wyoming, so not really my concern as I don't hunt bears at all in Colorado. But if I lived in Colorado and was interested in bringing a spring season back, I would be doing more than wishing it would happen.

Its takes commitment and leadership, you sounded like the guy that might be willing to take that on...apparently not.

Here's to "wishing" you get your season back...good luck with that.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Buzz,

I bet your hand hurts like hell after a week of full out internet spanking.

And I'm trying to say that without laughing but its just so dang hard....lol :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: Winchester

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Meh, Don't sweat it either way. I leave my feelings in the bedroom anyhow. lol

I believe Buzz is just trying to instill into everyone to try get out and lobby for our rights/beleifs. Sometimes he just across as being a little "Passive aggressive". Dont take it peraonally he has got my ass cherry red a few times. lol

What I "wish" he would have posted would be instructions or some helpful ideas for you and other members to turn to when it comes to proposals for such ideas. That is why guy like you and I "wish". Because maybe in truth we or I dont know the right people/venues to turn to to get good ideas like yours onto the table for discussion.

It is a good idea by the way!

And Its a tall order to fill for sure. Just due to the nature of the "predator lovers" in Colorado.

Take me for example, I complain all the time and dont do anything about it other than complain because I dont know how/who to complain to. If I could move the rifle deer season out of the rut and limit the buck harvest to one buck a year in Georgia I would have done it years ago. Problem there is that everyone says its for better trophy hunting and it would never pass. Now if we turned it to portray "Better management" things might be different.

Who am I to say.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Meh, Don't sweat it either way. I leave my feelings in the bedroom anyhow. lol

I believe Buzz is just trying to instill into everyone to try get out and lobby for our rights/beleifs. Sometimes he just across as being a little "Passive aggressive". Dont take it peraonally he has got my ass cherry red a few times. lol

What I "wish" he would have posted would be instructions or some helpful ideas for you and other members to turn to when it comes to proposals for such ideas. That is why guy like you and I "wish". Because maybe in truth we or I dont know the right people/venues to turn to to get good ideas like yours onto the table for discussion.

It is a good idea by the way!

And Its a tall order to fill for sure. Just due to the nature of the "predator lovers" in Colorado.

Take me for example, I complain all the time and dont do anything about it other than complain because I dont know how/who to complain to. If I could move the rifle deer season out of the rut and limit the buck harvest to one buck a year in Georgia I would have done it years ago. Problem there is that everyone says its for better trophy hunting and it would never pass. Now if we turned it to portray "Better management" things might be different.

Who am I to say.
Lots of things start out as "tall orders"...yet all it took to make huge changes is a couple people with enough pluck to stop talking, stop expecting "they" to fix their problems, and start doing.

Wasn't long ago that Montana had NO stream access law. Wasn't that long ago you couldn't hunt/recreate on State land in Montana without permission from the lease holder.

Guess what, a couple guys decided that they wanted stream access in Montana, now Montana has stream access.

Same with the ability to recreate on State ground in Montana, a handful of people from Butte, Montana had enough...they changed the law. Now the public can hunt/recreate on state ground without asking whoever leases it.

Ordinary people do extraordinary things when they take the lead and the bull by the horns...yet so few are willing to even try.

Sad really, and why there wont likely ever be a spring bear hunt again in Colorado. But, not my pig, not my farm...do nothing, expect nothing.

Oh, and I've already tried to lead some to water...cant make them drink.

Carry on...

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You will never see a spring bear season back in Colorado. It would take another voter referendum to get rid of the one that passed years ago and that isn't likely to happen with the populace that is in place now.

I will say one thing, that if this upcoming wolf vote does not pass then perhaps there is a slight chance of it happening but very slim. Even Colorado Parks and Wildlife admit that it is a slim chance of a spring bear hunt again.