Carbon arrow close call

Outdoorsman

Nov 24, 2016
Pensacola Fl
Just a reminder to check your carbon arrows for cracks. This arrow is a ?quiver arrow?. I don?t use it to practice only to hunt so it has very rarely been shot if at all. Hit the release and heard a loud pop. Arrow broke off right at the fletching. Lucky I didn?t have to make a trip to the ER!

Attachments

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Just a reminder to check your carbon arrows for cracks. This arrow is a ?quiver arrow?. I don?t use it to practice only to hunt so it has very rarely been shot if at all. Hit the release and heard a loud pop. Arrow broke off right at the fletching. Lucky I didn?t have to make a trip to the ER!
Were you shooting at meat? Glad you didn’t get hurt.

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thanks for the tip. I give mine a bend every once in a while, but I may have to do it a bit more often.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The ER...LOL

Reminds me of when I shot a deer when I was ~18 years old and the deer broke the arrow off inside of it (Carbon Impact Arrow). I was flipping the deer over and had my hand resting on the arrow hole as I didn't realize at the time that the arrow had broken off....

The arrow shaft popped out of the deer and stuck me in the finger.

I didnt think much of it until about a week later when the wound never healed.

So I went to the doctor/er. They took X-RAYS of my finger to make sure nothing was in there....They ASSURED ME nothing was in my finger..

Months later it still had not healed.

I couldn't stand it...

I took a pair of fingernail clippers and started clipping back the wound hole until I spotted a tiny black spec in my finger.

I grabbed a pair of pointed tweezers and pulled out a 5/8" long piece of arrow out of my finger....

Still have the scar.