California bans trapping...

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
It is, what concerns me the most is the aggressive plans that they seem to have for more. What does that look like?

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
They say CA is ahead of the rest of the country by 5-10 years on most of these political issues. I certainly hope this does not follow that rule. I believe this is all connected and all a part of a larger plan nationwide. I will be doing a follow-up blog about how all of these pieces fit together to form a very alarming looking puzzle. In my opinion of course. I really hope I am wrong on this!!! -G

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I encourage everyone to join your state trappers association or the national trappers association. Even if you don't trap as most also are active with hunting laws and changes too.

Also if you've never trapped or are up for the challenge find someone to take you out on the line for a day. Its a whole different game trying to get an animal to step on the 3 square in pan in the middle of million's of acres.

Reactions: Prerylyon

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
California got their foot in the door on the ban by looking at the amount of trapping license that they issued which were not very many. That plus no furs had been sold in California in a very long time. So they knew that if they put a ban in place they would only tick off a very few.

Colorado did the same thing but only did it on a ballot initiative. They banned all leg hold traps along with the spring bear hunt and allowing dogs to persue bears. However these were push through by the people from Boulder south where they can control the votes on these type of things. And guess where a lot of these people are coming from? Yep, California. The politicians of this state have been pushing for more and more tech companies to move here and they are moving out of California and the workers that they bring with them have the California point of view.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
California got their foot in the door on the ban by looking at the amount of trapping license that they issued which were not very many. That plus no furs had been sold in California in a very long time. So they knew that if they put a ban in place they would only tick off a very few.

Colorado did the same thing but only did it on a ballot initiative. They banned all leg hold traps along with the spring bear hunt and allowing dogs to persue bears. However these were push through by the people from Boulder south where they can control the votes on these type of things. And guess where a lot of these people are coming from? Yep, California. The politicians of this state have been pushing for more and more tech companies to move here and they are moving out of California and the workers that they bring with them have the California point of view.
The Wolf Referendum is following the same path here also.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Sad day! Trapping as a youth kept me out of a lot of trouble. It really bothers me that a whole generation of youth will not get the opportunity to learn to trap. Nothing I have done has given me a better appreciation for the outdoors than trapping. We need to stick together as outdoorsmen. Regardless how you feel about trapping this is just one of many many things on their list to check off and they will be coming for your sport next.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I saw Guy's post last nite on the Blog. This is a HUGE wake up call. We need to unite as sportsmen-whatever your creed, skin color, or type of truck you drive-to present a unified, respectable front to fight this nonsense. Think about whats going lately with fake meat? Most all the major meat packers are looking into this-genetically engineered 'tissues' created in a lab-and sold as meat. Why do I bring this up? Guy mentioned the ranchers in his write-up. There is a lot of scary stuff going-its not good-and we need to band together to fight it.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
This topic just goes to show what can be taken away from your if you let the govt get too powerful.

When you have a bunch of wackos behind the govt pushing and advocating for something with little opposition its even worse.

Its no different than the wolf issue. And NO I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread. But the similarities are there.

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Is it where gun ownership in this county is headed as well, perhaps?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
coarse it is. the dems will never stop trying but I do believe that trumps scotus placements have secured our guns till my death at least.
if ever the dems get full power of our government this nation is doomed.

imho, every democrat alive is a nutcase.

Reactions: dan maule

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
that's why I voted for the trumpster. dems will go after your guns anytime and anywhere they can.

dems will claim repubs will steal your public lands but the truth is , if the dems get the guns , the whole public lands dispute is irrelevant anyhow.