CA wild pigs under attack

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Still laugh when I see this thread pop up. "CA WILD pigs under attack"

It's amazing the wide variety of people who share these hunting sites.[/QUOTE
What do you mean the wide variety of people ? If you read it you can see its a copy and paste for a Email i got from SCI i just thought it would make for some interesting conversation

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
Still laugh when I see this thread pop up. "CA WILD pigs under attack"

It's amazing the wide variety of people who share these hunting sites.[/QUOTE
What do you mean the wide variety of people ? If you read it you can see its a copy and paste for a Email i got from SCI i just thought it would make for some interesting conversation
The type of people who think that invasive pig hunting should be highly regulated by states with seasons, tags, etc...

Referring to them as "WILD pigs under attack" is quite funny IMO.

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Well not sure where this is all coming from
making an assumption that i want to keep pig hunting highly regulated is not correct. il make an assumption an say whenever the CA legislator pushes any bill CA its not in our best interst and we pay $ more my guess is that we will pay more than the $23 for a pig tag we pay now i can't imagine that there going to dump this cash cow. Im not defending SCI position or claims only and there headline "wild pig under attack " is funny. As for seasons we kill pigs all year and have killed 4 this year on public land as for the bill it will be interesting to see what happens with it and if hunters in CA are not paying more and more reg to hunt pigs il be superized
have a good day MR highplainshunter

bghunter

Jun 23, 2015
Granite Bay, CA
The problem in CA is that most of the pigs are on private land and most of the hunters dont have access to them. Most of the owners dont want hunters on their properties for different reasons, they wouldnt have much problem with pigs if they let hunters hunt them.

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
It means i don't trust the Ca gov with there anti hunting they all ready screwed up hunting bears with dogs trapping bobcats no shooting areas are popping up all over the place screwed up off shore fishing can't hunt mountain lions I'm worried about more regs and more fees

Im starting to think where not going to be friends :)

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
It means i don't trust the Ca gov with there anti hunting they all ready screwed up hunting bears with dogs trapping bobcats no shooting areas are popping up all over the place screwed up off shore fishing can't hunt mountain lions I'm worried about more regs and more fees

Im starting to think where not going to be friends :)
These are a lot of the reasons I left California when I retired. I am a 4th generation Californian whose relatives came to California before the gold rush. Compared to when I grew up and my relatives before me, the hunting and fishing is totally wasted!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
These are a lot of the reasons I left California when I retired. I am a 4th generation Californian whose relatives came to California before the gold rush. Compared to when I grew up and my relatives before me, the hunting and fishing is totally wasted!
I think the same could be said of the places where many of us grew up hunting and fishing.

BossBrott

Mar 4, 2012
Colfax,CA
They never should have been regulated by DFG. They couldn't regulate their own heads out of their own asses.
DFG overstepped their bounds in doing so. To regulate an invasive is nonsense.
They should return "fine" monies as well,,,and give back their participation trophies.