Burgers

Chase0621

Nov 27, 2016
Hawaii
wow now that's a pretty neat recipe I would of never thought about adding apples directly into the meat thanks for sharing that sir.

I usually just add hidden valley ranch packet into my burgers but I'm trying this for sure

henric

Apr 10, 2017
Wow, that's a very interesting recipe. Will try this one for sure.!! Thanks for posting.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Had some BBQ'd burgers last night, but no apples. My burger is 40 venison/40antelope/10% pork shoulder roast. I diced up some onion, fresh garlic and fresh ground pepper to mix in the patties after it was browned. Patties were 1/3 of a pound. On the grill @ 500 for about 5 mins a side. Add a slice of sharp cheddar on top. Cooked patties put in a bowl and covered with Hormel Hot no beans Chili.

Makes a wonderful Chili Size with a nice green salad.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I mix my venison burger with 10% beef fat, then when I make hamburgers I add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and about 1 table spoon of bacon drippings per lb and mix it, the key is the burger has to be cold or else you just get a mess. Seasoned salt, a dash of worchester, and pepper to taste. My wife and I like blue cheese, so sometimes I mix in about 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles per lb for ours (the kids won't touch blue cheese with a ten foot pole). Hands down my favorite hamburger!

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I make my elk burgers and sliders (ideal if you're stingy with company! :ROFLMAO:) by thawing and spreading the ground elk out into a thin layer on a cutting board. I season with salt, pepper, a bit of worcestershire (not much - I add more while cooking), and onion powder. Spreading it all out gives me a very even seasoning. If my meat doesn't have beef fat added by the processor, I also use a cheese grater to grate frozen butter (unsalted) all around. I use about 1 stick per 2lbs of meat.

I then mix this up with my hands, and spread it back down to a single layer again, this time to my desired thickness. If I'm making sliders I make this a rectangle, then use a sharp knife to cut into small squares. If I'm making burgers I use a big cookie cutter, then remix/spread the meat and cut more, just like making cookies. (My wife says she's getting me a burger press for Christmas but this way actually works super well and is way faster than shaping by hand!)

I lightly spray a cookie sheet with canola oil and lay the patties on this. That goes into my deep freeze for a couple hours. Then I repack all the patties into a tightly sealed ziploc for long term storage. They last a long time (if I forget they're there - otherwise figure 48 hours til they're gone!)

These pan-fry just as well as they grill! I cook them straight from frozen just like some commercial burger brands recommend. They cook fast -I prefer a thin burger so just a few minutes a side is usually good even from frozen.