Broken Stuff

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I haven't run a drop of ethanol fuel in anything with a carb in 10 years. Life is better for me that way. lol

Reactions: Rich M

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Ethanol free is extremely hard to find in illinois. Racing shops seem to be the only place to get it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I can just see someone trying to get access to my local airport to buy 5 gallons of gas.

Up until a few years ago the closest station that sold ethanol free gas was 120 miles away.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I can just see someone trying to get access to my local airport to buy 5 gallons of gas.

Up until a few years ago the closest station that sold ethanol free gas was 120 miles away.
I know a guy who would just drive to the small local airport and drive right out there where the planes fueled up, enter in a fake tail number to activate the pump, put in his credit card, and pump 30-50 gallons of it at a time…. He he

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Our airport is totally secure, they even removed the outside doors to the local terminal and the only way through the gates is to have a plane or have the pilot sign you in. It's actually easier to get into the Air National Guard than it is on the other side of the airport.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
You guys got WaWa? They recently moved in down here and have ethanol free.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
We just have a few large corporate stations in our county. I'd be willing to bet that we have less than 20 stations in our whole county. We praised the gas gods when Costco opened up their pumps.

The one station that sells ethanol free is 30 miles away and is a independent, and his prices reflect it.

But as I said, all I have ever ran is pump gas in all my equipment and I've never had any problems with it.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
We just have a few large corporate stations in our county. I'd be willing to bet that we have less than 20 stations in our whole county. We praised the gas gods when Costco opened up their pumps.

The one station that sells ethanol free is 30 miles away and is a independent, and his prices reflect it.

But as I said, all I have ever ran is pump gas in all my equipment and I've never had any problems with it.
Cortez (my closest town) has 3 stations that have ethanol free gas. I do use it in my boat.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I did a little research. If you live in a metropolitan area in Illinois the gas must be at least 10% ethanol. I guess that is why I cannot find it. Closest station is about 120 miles away.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Good lord.....you would think that they would have at least made sure that the cutting edge was pointed down before they brazed a piece of tungsten to the auger point.

I was starting to wonder why this thing wasn't digging worth a crap and then I noticed it.......

What the heck were they thinking?!

Time to get out junk lawnmower blades and the cutting torches......

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: buckbull and idcwby

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Good lord.....you would think that they would have at least made sure that the cutting edge was pointed down before they brazed a piece of tungsten to the auger point.

I was starting to wonder why this thing wasn't digging worth a crap and then I noticed it.......

What the heck were they thinking?!

Time to get out junk lawnmower blades and the cutting torches......

View attachment 44169
LOL, that is funny. The only time I ever had a blade like that fail was in West Texas on a REALLY hard piece of dirt. The rancher kept after it but could not get any bite to save his life.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Out of the damn brace as of today. Knee probably 90%, still doing PT and improving every day!!!
Saw my surgeon l this week and he said I am good to go. Start walking longer and just be a little careful on uneven surfaces for a couple of months. I will be using walking sticks for awhile on my walks. I'll be ready for 4th season with my elk tag in hand!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Did he suggest any type of a support brace?

I know that when I blew my knee out the surgeon suggested for me to wear a simple brace. It was just like a ace bandage type with stays on the sides to help support my ligaments.

I wore it for a few months while I was climbing poles and such.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I wore a brace to prevented me from bending my knee for 3 months. I have had pt 3 days a week for 2 months until 2 weeks ago. No brace or support needed says the Doc.