Broken Stuff

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have a lot of mice in the rv barn and they chew on everything. I trap them to keep them a little under control and our cat does some too. Have to be careful around here as their droppings carry Hanta Virius which is pretty toxic.
My outfitter up in Canada uses a 5 gallon bucket filled halfway with water with a wood dowel set to where it will turn across the top. The mice will walk out onto the dowel and it will turn upside down and dump them into the water. Whenever they left the cabins they would set one up in each one to catch the mice.

There are a couple others if you do a search for "water bucket mouse trap" on YouTube

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
My outfitter up in Canada uses a 5 gallon bucket filled halfway with water with a wood dowel set to where it will turn across the top. The mice will walk out onto the dowel and it will turn upside down and dump them into the water. Whenever they left the cabins they would set one up in each one to catch the mice.

There are a couple others if you do a search for "water bucket mouse trap" on YouTube
If you use rv antifreeze it will work all winter. Cuts down on the stink as well. Pickles them i guess.

Reactions: JimP and mallardsx2

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Mice suck. they can get into the cab of my truck, chew on whatever they want, shit on whatever they want and then leave.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
No Thanks!! I burned a house down because it became infested with those damn things.
And knowing snakes they were quite possibly crawling out of the ashes.

I was doing some work in southern Utah and had to crawl the length of a trailer. As I got towards the end of it I looked around and had to back out quite quickly. I saw a number of rattlers just in front of me.

I went and told the home owner that he had better get someone to take care of them and to pull some of the skirting before I came back.

Reactions: buckbull