Broadhead Test

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
I would like to see the following:

FIXED BLADE
--Shuttle Terminals (what I currently use and like)
--Montec CS (ability to get sharp compared to original)
MECHANICAL
--2-blade Rage (are they up to the hype)
--G5 tekan (heard some not so good things on them)
--Schwacker (spelling?) seems like a dumb name, but are they good?

YellowDog

Feb 23, 2011
Parker Colorado
Slick Trick Magnum 100gr.

Have worked well for me. Don't have experience with anything different. They tuned great in my bow. Guess I'm looking for a test that doesn't include shooting into a 100 gallon steel drum. I don't understand way that is significant. Real hunting situations would be great.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
X4 on the Slick tricks to be added to your test. It is also my opinion and an opinion only, but I believe a fair amount of hunters use a mechanical head because they dont have a properly tuned bow resulting in poor Fixed BH flight. Would you be able to add a paragraph or two on the importance of properly tuning your bow and BH's.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I also would like to see some of the two blade fixed heads, and there characteristics of arrow flight out of some of todays faster bow setups

Divot

Mar 1, 2011
Western Colorado
Another vote G5 Montec CS.
I would also like to see the Magnus Buzzcut 4-blade as it looks like the best option for my wife and others with low poundage draws on elk and larger animals.

Sharpstick

Mar 1, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Last year I used the G5 Striker and was impressed with a quick, clean kill. But, I would still like to see how they stack up. Rage in the cage is all the RAGE lately, so let's see how they stack up as well.

Nate

Eastmans' Staff
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Looks like my test list is aligning with what you guys want to see but I did add a couple more heads that weren't on my list from reading the posts on here.