Breakdown of my DREAM rifle (what is yours?)

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Your build sounds wonderful! I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Kimber rifles, and I always want to like them. What happened with yours?
I had one of the overly finicky ones. I had a load or two that would stay into 2" at 100. Most shot 5" groups.

I am not against really great figured wood stocks. I have 3 rifles and 3 shotguns with really great wood on them. On my .300, if I fall or drop the rifle and hit the stock, the composite is really not damaged. I have also had a stock that the forend warped after 10 years of hunting when I hunted in Texas in the high humidity and rain when I lived there for a year. Even tho the barrel channel was finished, moisture got in somehow. I has to open the channel and wrap the barrel with 1/8 inch of spacer tape and glass bedded it. Has not moved since then. It was the Maple stock in the picture I posted.
The total reliability of synthetic stocks makes my mind want to jump back to them so much, but then I see pretty walnut and behave like a bull in the rut haha

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
Since I was thinking of using a Kimber for the basis of my dream rifle, could you tell me if you've had a good experience with their action and trigger?
Well, when I first got it it wouldn’t eject. So I sent it back to Kimber and the did repair it fre of charge. I’ve not had any issues since. I do however wish I didn’t have a clip. I would much rather have no clip like my M70

Reactions: Spartan Jake

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
.300 WSM, short action, 23" spiral fluted barrel, 1:11" twist

.284 PRC(7mm-6.5prc) short action, 22" barrel, maybe even 20" barrel.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I'm crossing my fingers they come out with a 7 PRC. It would be similar to a 6.8 Western, but with a better selection of long range bullets.
I also wonder about WBY and a 284 RPM.... I think both of these would be a better offering than the 6.5's. or at least another great option, but I wonder if from history they don't want to kill off their own cartridges/sales.

of course the 284 rpm would be a long action....but basically hod more powder than the 280 AI....so very close to a 7mm rem mag in a standard sized action.