Boot info

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I sure wish I loved my Kenetrek boots. I wore my first pair out within a few years bought a second pair last summer hoping to have better Luck. Both pair leaked the first time I wore them in wet weather. Nothing I have been able to do keeps them from leaking. I thought maybe the first pair was a fluke but two tells me they are just another boot. Just cost a lot more.
that was my take on them also. decent boot but not for the price.

I would consider buying another pair but I would not pay more then 300 for them.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
that was my take on them also. decent boot but not for the price.

I would consider buying another pair but I would not pay more then 300 for them.
I only paid $200 for my second pair, they were slightly used. I would have never tried a second pair if I had to pay new price. Both pair leaked from the back of the boot above the heal. I could feel the water seeping in within the first hour of the day. I was wearing gators and my feet we’re soaked from ankles down within three hours.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Consider yourselves lucky. I have an 11.5 foot with a EEEE / 4E width. Actually my foot measures out to 5E, but can't find that size.

I've been wearing New Balance shoes all my life. There are a few brands out there for sneakers and dress shoes, but very few for hunting. Cabela's used to make lots of 4E boots, but they stopped.

Found Under Armour Men's Speed Freek Bozeman in 4E and like them very much. But the are more like athletic shoes rather than hunting boots. Did fine during deer season when temps dipped in to the teens.

Wife got me a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers last year...I haven't broken them in yet.
I have the same size foot you do ... and all the fitting problems that go with it.
I hunted my whole life in boots that didn't fit ... didn't have much choice.
Last year I tried Lathrop and Sons. They fitted a pair of Zamberlan's for my foot size. They're expensive but this year I had boots that fit for the first time and it was great. You might want to check them out.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I only paid $200 for my second pair, they were slightly used. I would have never tried a second pair if I had to pay new price. Both pair leaked from the back of the boot above the heal. I could feel the water seeping in within the first hour of the day. I was wearing gators and my feet we’re soaked from ankles down within three hours.
$200????? THAT is one thing I would never do.

1. I do not want used boots.

mine were ok boots , they just didn't last any longer then the cheaper danners. just cannot justify the price difference.

2. no pair of used boots, no matter the condition is worth risking more then $20 on. (there is a reason they are being sold)

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I will get my $200 worth out of them during bow season, they are fine In fair weather. It tough to find a new pair of anything for less than that $200.