Bino Protective Cover

MOHunter

Jul 14, 2011
Joplin, MO
I have a chest harness and would like something to protect the my binos from dirt and debris. What does everyone like and dislike about theirs? I came across the CrossTac brand and they seemed like a compact/tite fit. I think I want something that actually covers the entire binocular.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I have the harness by S4 Gear. I just got it for Christmas and haven't used it in the field yet but it fits really nice. I can't wait to try it out.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
I have the S4 harness, and like it, too, but I think I may alter it a little. It needs to cover the sides of the oculars (snow and twigs/dust got in quite often), and the elastic needs to be replaced with nylon straps, that won't bounce around.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I have the S4 harness, and like it, too, but I think I may alter it a little. It needs to cover the sides of the oculars (snow and twigs/dust got in quite often), and the elastic needs to be replaced with nylon straps, that won't bounce around.
Thanks for the heads up BB. I will have to keep an eye on it.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Horn Hunter system gets my vote, they totally cover your optics. The upper shoulder straps are non-elastic so you don't get stretch or bounce out of them. The lower straps are elastic and can be adjusted for a nice snug fit, when I lean over they hardly pull away from my chest. The system has a rear zippered compartment for small items such as lense cleaning supplies or other small items. There is also a compartment on the left side for misc. items, I use it for my windicator bottle. The iceing on the cake for me is the magnetic strips on the bottom and on the right side of the case for rangefinder attachment. The system comes with a vinyl rangefinder wrap with velcro closure and a magnet sewn in, it's really nice to be able to range something and just stick your rangefinder to the side of your bino case out of the way and not swinging around during a stalk.

Worth checking out if your in the market. https://gohornhunter.com

Last edited:

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
agreed with BB also! another suggestion put athletic tape on the cords that hook to your binos so that they dont slap against the plastic and make noise while moving fast paced makes quite a bit of noise but overall i love the S4 bino system

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Need a custom made harness, check out http://www.fhfgear.com/

Been using mine for two years. Hung up my S4 after trying his harness. Just another option. He makes other items as well.
I have one of Paul's bear spray holsters. It is awesome. I am looking at having him make a custom molle-compatible holster for the glock, and I might have to try out his bino case as well.

Thanks, Stringmusic!

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Love my Badlands bino case, don't have to worry about my binos getting dirt in them at all. Has plenty of pockets inside to put calls, and my licenses. Comes with a built in cleaning cloth. On the outside I can put my open reed calls in the straps on the side. Has a hydration pocket on the back also(cut mine out because I didn't like the bulk under my pack.

fatkid

Nov 28, 2011
does anyone have one that comes with back straps but is able to dissconct them and hook to a backpack

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
does anyone have one that comes with back straps but is able to dissconct them and hook to a backpack
Badlands you can unclip the straps that come with it, and they make a kit that you can strap the clips right to your badlands pack in the front, works pretty good. I have not seen the kit any where except at the badlands booth at the shows. Talk to Isaac and he can hook you up.