Beef Brisket - smoking/grilling

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Starting to get the Brisket ready for cooking tomorrow. Soaking it in pineapple juice for 6 hours or so in a covered pan in the refer. Take it out late this afternoon. Apply my homemade rub and leave overnight in covered pan in refer. Tomorrow morning will smoke it for about 4 hours, then finish it on the grill using a rotisserie misting it with apple juice so it doesn't dry out. When internal temp is 190 to 200, remove and let it rest for 15 to 20 mins. Slice and wolf it down!

My mouth is watering already.............

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Looks tasty!

You every try the apple juice trick? We did that on some ribs recently. It was super tender.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Love my brisket sliced super think like that, you know it's tender and good, when you can eat it in 3/8th inch think slices!

I haven't done one in a while, just can't stomach paying the going rate right now.. I think they're nearly $7 a pound here right now..

Reactions: Team Kabob

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Briskets are lioke chicken wings. People use to just throw them away. Now they are selling like gold! lol $7.00 + a pound for brisket is steep!

I sure wish I had a slice right now. Instead I will have to settle for leftover mexican food from 3 days ago. lol