Beautiful rooster

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
This rooster has been stopping by my place almost every day. Really a handsome bird. Had a fly riding his back too!

muleyfool

Jun 7, 2018
That is a beauty, thanks for sharing.
Great photo too, What type of camera are you using?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
100_0089.jpg

Not nearly as good a picture as yours is Bob, but here are 2 roosters squaring off in my front yard during breeding season several years ago. We don't have as many birds as we used too, just too many predators.....fox, skunks, raccoons and hawks.

Last edited:

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
View attachment 23366

Not nearly as good a picture as yours is Bob, but here are 2 roosters squaring off in my front yard during breeding season several years ago. We don't have as many birds as we used too, just too many predators.....fox, skunks, raccoons and hawks.
Roger, I'm seeing a fair number of roosters this spring, and lots of quail. Winter was pretty good to them this year. Might be a fun Fall!!

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
My favorite game bird, by far. None more beautiful. None more fun to hunt. 2nd only to quail for table fare.
They come by name 'ditch parrots' honestly!

Due to a weekly long drive I have to make, to visit a son in rehab 2/3s the way across Iowa, I get to see a lot of farm country. I've been seeing more pheasants this year than in the last 10-and unf a lot of roadkilled roosters. Many seem to have surived, despite the more severe winter. Spring so far has been cool. Flooding gets all the media attention-and while we still aren't out of the woods yet, much of the worst of that was weeks ago, before prime nesting season. I'm hopeful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk