Baa baa black sheep

MSUcat61

Apr 7, 2011
ABQ, NM
Maybe a weird question, but do bighorn sheep "baa" or make any type of vocalization? Went on a hike this afternoon south of Vegas and from the canyon below me I swear I heard a distinct "baa baa." I was in great sheep habitat and there was plenty of sign everywhere, but for the life of me I couldn't find the source.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Shoulda busted out your spotter!! ;) I've never heard a bighorn baa. They very possibly may though.

MSUcat61

Apr 7, 2011
ABQ, NM
Ha ha! I brought it!!! And still couldn't find anything. Might be operator error :)

I was actually hoping to put the glass on some sheep to break it in, but instead was having hallucinations apparently.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
You can drag a horse to water.... :) did you head down by the lake? There tough to get an eye for. There the same brown as the terrain.

MSUcat61

Apr 7, 2011
ABQ, NM
You can drag a horse to water.... :) did you head down by the lake? There tough to get an eye for. There the same brown as the terrain.
Very funny... I went down by McCullough Pass in the McCullough Range. And yes, they're not the easiest to pick out