AZ 4B tag

azram

Nov 3, 2011
Here is my opening day buck. I scouted 25 days for this hunt as most of you know it takes decades to draw AZ tags. Opening day I was met at the gate of the area I was planning to hunt by three guys who said they were going to hunt in that area. I told them I was also. They were ok with talking and them we discovered we were hunting different bucks. The seven guys (one tag) got their buck at first light. I went after mine but they were talking and hooting and hollering and my buck bolted. I located him in a couple of hours but he was in the middle of 25 other antelope so I waited. Another hunter came in a shot at a different buck (six times) and mine took off. He came back to round up some does and I shot him at 310 yards. He had 16 1/2 horns. It was a fun hunt.

Attachments

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Holy smokes! What a awesome buck. Once again scouting pays off, put your time in and it will pay off in the end.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Congrats on a great buck. A buck like that certainly makes the long wait to draw a tag worthwhile.

Last edited:

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Didn't see anything like that in unit 10...

I drew a bow tag in 7-8 years?

although illness really messed up my hunt, also AZ didn't have a return tag program 2 years ago. :(

Nice job on the Antelope!