Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep

Tazhii

Jan 31, 2016
In the woods.
Congratulations, but holy crap, 48 years!
Thank you all. t's not uncommon to hear stories similar to mine especially for Desert Bighorn here in Arizona. I will keep you all updated with on my scouting and eventual hunt. I have an idea of the unit I was drawn for but do not know which unit yet.

littlebighorn

May 12, 2011
Congrats Tazhii.
I drew my desert tag in Utah after 40 years of applying, so I have an idea how you feel. I tried to make that long wait count by my son and I investing in 18 glorious days of scouting and three days of hunting and passing on good rams. On the second day of our hunt, my son found my ram and the next day we found him again in the afternoon. The story was in Eastman's Hunting last August if anyone wants to read the whole account.
I am hopeful your experience will be the same kind of adventure that we had. Certainly patience is a virtue that sometimes pays great rewards.
Best of luck!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Congrats on the tag. I have 24 points for sheep and turn 60 in 2+ weeks. wonder if IL'L ever get it . If I live like my Dad I will. He will be 96 a month from yesterday. I doubt it, was in hospital last week 4 days with Diverticulitis. Got to change My whole diet if I want that hunt. Hope to see a nice Ram and Hope Your young enough to get er done . Good luck. What unit did You get?............BOB!

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Congratulations and best of luck. That is called persistence!! I don't feel so bad now after applying for 38 years in a row now for Moose and Bighorn Sheep here in Montana and never being drawn! Now if you combine the two into one that would flip it to 76 years so maybe it doesn't sound so good after all!

Sure look forward to your story and lots of pictures.

David

genesis27:3

Mar 12, 2015
North Carolina
Reading all of the years that you guys have been applying only confirms something that I always say.."to be a hunter or fisherman, you have to be persistent and optimistic!"