Argentina Dove Hunt? Anybody been? Advice please

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
As the title says, I am thinking about a dove hunting trip to Argentina for me, my son, my son-in-law and three grandsons. Lots of options on the internet but would love to hear from someone with hands on experience. TIA

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I have not but work with a guy that has. If you have specific questions let me know.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Dont know when you want to go but every year at the freinds of the nra banquet they seem to offer a hunt there on the auction.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have a couple of friends who have gone down and their reports is that it is fantastic. They rent their shotguns down there and buy their shells, around 3,000-4,000 of them for the shoots.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
My grandsons are school age and play sports so dates to go would have to be first of June through July or Christmas vacation. Mainly would like to find out the name of tried and true outfitters. Thanks for replies.

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
Two years ago a friend and I hunted red stag in Patagonia for 5 days and then flew to Cordoba for dove shooting. They treat you like royalty. The dove shooting was amazing. We each shot around 2000 doves in 2 1/2 days. Shoulder gets a workout. The outfitter provided Benneli Montefeltro 20 gauge semi-autos. You will go through lots of shells. The doves just seem endless at times. Accomodations were great with a chef at the lodge. Shoot mornings and evenings with a siesta and barbeque each mid-day.
Would definitely recommend. We are going again this June.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I went in October 2017, which is their off-season sort of. First two days we had rain outs and unusual weather, third day we shot birds until we thought our arms would fall off. Ammo gets expensive on days like that. Four of us shot 300 boxes of ammo @$15/box that day. Kind of embarrassed at the number of birds we killed, doves and parakeets. The guides/gun loaders filled about a dozen feed sacks with doves. Lodging was great, food was great, people were exceptionally friendly. I would highly recommend it if you really like wing shooting.

Reactions: Extractor

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Two years ago a friend and I hunted red stag in Patagonia for 5 days and then flew to Cordoba for dove shooting. They treat you like royalty. The dove shooting was amazing. We each shot around 2000 doves in 2 1/2 days. Shoulder gets a workout. The outfitter provided Benneli Montefeltro 20 gauge semi-autos. You will go through lots of shells. The doves just seem endless at times. Accomodations were great with a chef at the lodge. Shoot mornings and evenings with a siesta and barbeque each mid-day.
Would definitely recommend. We are going again this June.
What time of year? Do you remember the name of the outfitter?

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I went in October 2017, which is their off-season sort of. First two days we had rain outs and unusual weather, third day we shot birds until we thought our arms would fall off. Ammo gets expensive on days like that. Four of us shot 300 boxes of ammo @$15/box that day. Kind of embarrassed at the number of birds we killed, doves and parakeets. The guides/gun loaders filled about a dozen feed sacks with doves. Lodging was great, food was great, people were exceptionally friendly. I would highly recommend it if you really like wing shooting.
Do you remember the name of the outfitter? What region of Argentina?

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Do you remember the name of the outfitter? What region of Argentina?
We flew into Cordoba then had a three hour car ride over the mountain range to the west (Sierra Cordoba’s?), we stayed in the small village of San Javier which is in the big valley between the Sierra Cordoba’s and the Andes. I’ll have to go dig up the name of outfitter, will report back.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
We flew into Cordoba then had a three hour car ride over the mountain range to the west (Sierra Cordoba’s?), we stayed in the small village of San Javier which is in the big valley between the Sierra Cordoba’s and the Andes. I’ll have to go dig up the name of outfitter, will report back.
Thanks