Anyone else getting pumped for ISE?

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
The ISE show in Utah is a joke! It is just a bunch of people selling wallets, sunglasses and knife sharpeners. The only reason I go is to see the Eastmans crew, the deer tour and renew my subscription. If it wasn't for Eastmans the show in Utah would be a flop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
The ISE show in Utah is a joke! It is just a bunch of people selling wallets, sunglasses and knife sharpeners. The only reason I go is to see the Eastmans crew, the deer tour and renew my subscription. If it wasn't for Eastmans the show in Utah would be a flop.

I agree, I used to love going to that show. Not anymore.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I think since the Western hunt expo came to town all the big names and vendors now go to that show, which in my opinion is awesome!

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Sorry to hear it went downhill there. Its pretty big and enjoyable show still here. Activities for all. You guys should just make a run over the mountain. Haha

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
I'd be more excited about going if there were more manufacturers of mountain hunting gear there. I'd love to check out the newest packs from Kifaru, Stone Glacier and Kuiu. Or the latest clothing from First Lite, Kuiu Sitka and others. None of these are ever there though. It's 80% outfitters. If you want to meet an outfitter face to face before booking it's good. Other than that I don't think it's that great.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
I think since the Western hunt expo came to town all the big names and vendors now go to that show, which in my opinion is awesome!

Are you talking about the Expo that SFW/MDF puts on every year? If that's what you're referring to, IMHO the only thing that is awesome is the millions in money that comes in from all those tags that were pimped from the average Joe like most of us! Where it all goes is a guessing game because most isn't accounted for and very possibly goes into the higher ups pockets!

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
I'd be more excited about going if there were more manufacturers of mountain hunting gear there. I'd love to check out the newest packs from Kifaru, Stone Glacier and Kuiu. Or the latest clothing from First Lite, Kuiu Sitka and others. None of these are ever there though. It's 80% outfitters. If you want to meet an outfitter face to face before booking it's good. Other than that I don't think it's that great.
They have a lot of manufacturers at the sheep show in Reno from what I see. I plan on going in 2016.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
At the western hunt expo all the big manufacturers of clothes, packs or anything your looking for is there to get your hands on and try out. If you do come out drop by the Camofire Blackovis booth and say hello!

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Sheep show and SCI are really neat shows. I used to work for Animal Artistry in Reno and would get in early to set up and again free during. Was definitely a nice perk.

norcalhunter

Mar 29, 2011
Nor Cal
The Sheep Show is a good one and Sacramento ISE is pretty good too. Anyone know why Eastmans is doing a deer tour in Reno from Feb 6-15? It is not on the list but on the 2015 Deer Tour map.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Sheep show and SCI are really neat shows. I used to work for Animal Artistry in Reno and would get in early to set up and again free during. Was definitely a nice perk.
I have done this the past 4 years. Help vendors set-up and take down on the move-in/move-out days in exchange for free admission and a year membership to the WSF. Pretty good deal in my book and it's fun helping out all the booth vendors.