Antelope hunting boots

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
I'm looking for some pronghorn hunting boots. Looking for something lightweight, breatheable, and highly resistant to cactus. Do you guys have any suggestions?

DryFlyGuy

Feb 21, 2011
Cody, Wyoming
Ooh, cactus proof? I use Lowa Ranger Gtx for early season hunting, but I don't remember any mention of cacti resistivity. If you aren't already used to a stiff footbed, you may not like the Lowa-type boots.

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
Yeah need something puncture resistant. I'm a barefoot guy but the barefoot boots I have the cactus goes through them like nothing.

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
Thanks guys. I do have a pair of insulated pronghorns and I like them. Also checking out the Lowas and the Columbias.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I wear some underarmor boots when its warm outside. They are super light and uninsulated. Won't keep cactus out very well though.

BobT

Dec 1, 2011
Missouri Ozarks
I wear non-insulated Lacrosse cordura boots and watch where I step. I also have a pair of Danner RAT boots that were a gift, they will turn the thorns pretty well but are heavier than I like in pronghorn country.

Bob

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I have pretty much resigned myself to wearing tennis shoes and being a pin cushion, haven't found anything lightweight, quite, but puncture resistant yet.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
For warm weather I love the Cabela's Full Draw boots. They feel like you are wearing sneakers and they stick to rocks like glue. Never had any problems with the waterproof either. They are my go to chukar hunting boots for early season and definitely great for antelope. Most people see the low price and disregard but I swear by them. Doubt they will be great against cactus but the TPU toe, heel, and lace guards might help. Just throwin it out there.