Antelope Cape Value???

Pronghorn73

Mar 7, 2011
Franklin, Idaho
I have a good antelope cape that has been froze for a couple years, not sure on the neck size but it's in the large range and in good shape. I have someone that wants to buy it, and not sure what I should ask for it. Any taxi's on here or anyone that could give me a ball park value???...Thanx!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The guy I use takes any cape (at least from me)that is in good shape. I usually work out a deal for credit towards my next mount.I also give him waterfowl and gamebirds from time to time.

llp

Mar 15, 2011
You should be able to get $50. but if it isn't tanned not much more than that. A $100 raw antelope cape better be great, and should be fully fleshed, ears turned and lips split.
llp

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
$25 is low, but not that low as old as it is, could have some slippage problems when it thaws. Our taxi gave us a $100 credit for a fresh elk cape this year.

They don't stay good indefinitely frozen, any more than your hamburger does. I'd get rid of it just to free up more freezer space!

Pronghorn73

Mar 7, 2011
Franklin, Idaho
$25 is low, but not that low as old as it is, could have some slippage problems when it thaws. Our taxi gave us a $100 credit for a fresh elk cape this year.

They don't stay good indefinitely frozen, any more than your hamburger does. I'd get rid of it just to free up more freezer space!
I give it to him for $40, and yes it did free up some freezer space!