Another new guy

win264

Feb 17, 2014
I just wanted to step out of the darkness and into the light and introduce myself. I like to hunt, fly fish, reloading and shooting. I recently took up archery and have took my first OTC Mulie this year in NM. I apply for several state draws and normally just get PP.
I can't say that any more as I was successful on the draw for San Carlos Indian Rez Sept 1-15 Malay Gap elk hunt. I enjoy and find all the info I've been reading very helpful Thanks!
If anyone has hunted the Rez I could use any experience you might want to share.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I just wanted to step out of the darkness and into the light and introduce myself. I like to hunt, fly fish, reloading and shooting. I recently took up archery and have took my first OTC Mulie this year in NM. I apply for several state draws and normally just get PP.
I can't say that any more as I was successful on the draw for San Carlos Indian Rez Sept 1-15 Malay Gap elk hunt. I enjoy and find all the info I've been reading very helpful Thanks!
If anyone has hunted the Rez I could use any experience you might want to share.
Welcome win264. How in heck did you get one of the best elk tags in the world?!?!? Wow.

win264

Feb 17, 2014
UH it's not the trophy unit.......but it should be a good tag, last year the tags were 1st come, 1st serve this year it was a draw so I applied, no outfitter req'd, 5 tags total for non tribal members.......I'm pretty happy!

win264

Feb 17, 2014
No....just hunt and fish, can't get my wife to move there........she doesn't hunt, but doesn't mind me going!