Alaska 2019

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Tonight is the last night on the Kenai as we leave in the morning for Anchorage and fly home on Saturday. It has been a glorious 27 days. Seen some spectacular country, caught some fish and saw lots of wildlife. Made some new friends and want to come back to see more. It is addicting.
Addicting is true. Alaska gets in your blood and you dream to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Well we are back from 27 glorious days in Alaska. What a trip, we want to go again and it's in the planning stage right now. I really want to thank Bob (AKaviator) for all his advice and help. We had a couple of great fishing trips with him. Saw lots of wildlife (tons of moose, caribou, brown & black bear, lynx, and all kinds of waterfowl. Learned a lot about their kind of fishing and clamming and brought home some great eating too.

Everyone needs to visit Alaska once for sure.

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Headed there the 4th for a week, got a lot of fishing and hiking planned. Any "must-do" things in Anchorage/Seward area?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Headed there the 4th for a week, got a lot of fishing and hiking planned. Any "must-do" things in Anchorage/Seward area?
In Seward, I would go on one of the 5 hr glacier cruises. Scenery is awesome! Homer is also a cool place. Kings should be running on the Kenai also. Where are you staying?

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
CC:

We have been going back and forth on the glacier cruise. Who did you go with? May have to look into it. We will be in Anchorage for two days then heading to Seward in an AirBnB for 5. 2 full days out chasing butts and trying to find salmon/bows/grays on the fly inbetween. Have a few hike n fishings planned and may hit a day either N or S of Anchorage to hit a run

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The cruise company was Kenai Fjords Tours. If you are pressed for time, this would be something to leave out. My wife wanted to go and we had tons of time, so it was on the schedule. Lots of great scenery and a good lunch.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
CC:

We have been going back and forth on the glacier cruise. Who did you go with? May have to look into it. We will be in Anchorage for two days then heading to Seward in an AirBnB for 5. 2 full days out chasing butts and trying to find salmon/bows/grays on the fly inbetween. Have a few hike n fishings planned and may hit a day either N or S of Anchorage to hit a run
When you drive from Anchorage to Seward, you'll go thru the little town of Moose Pass. There is a flying service there that you might consider using if you like grayling. A short flight to Upper Paradise Lake would get you into some good grayling fishing and beautiful scenery. Crescent lake has good grayling also.

Reactions: gonhunting247

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Well we are going back! Just booked our airline tickets and fishing trips. Staying a week with Catch-A-King Charters in SE Alaska at Craig on Prince of Wales Island.. Fish for 4 days. Going the first week of August, the Coho run should be full bore. Kings, Halibut & lings also. They have the full package boats, guides, lodge and meals. Going with another couple who are lifelong friends and have fished there before.

Alaska is addicting!!!
👍 :p:cool:🐟

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Sad deal....just cancelled our trip to Alaska this summer because of this covid-19 crap. The couple going with us are really leary about it because the guy (I've know him for 50 years) has a kidney replacement and he has to really be careful because of the anti rejection drugs he takes. My wife wants to reschedule it too. Alaska just extended their 14 day quarantine for travelers also.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Sad deal....just cancelled our trip to Alaska this summer because of this covid-19 crap. The couple going with us are really leary about it because the guy (I've know him for 50 years) has a kidney replacement and he has to really be careful because of the anti rejection drugs he takes. My wife wants to reschedule it too. Alaska just extended their 14 day quarantine for travelers also.
Bummer to hear that CC! I might have to have some fish shipped! I’m about out of halibut and salmon!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy