Alaska 2019

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Got here yesterday after several tiring flights from Salt Lake City. The flights were not so bad, but the airports really SUCK! I think the TSA person thought I was public enemy #1 or on the terrorist watch list. I have 4 replacement joints so I automatically go to the full body scan, then I got the full body pat down end even the paper on my fingers & hands looking for traces of gunpowder...jeesh!~

We are in Soldotna in a cabin on a lake. Saw some moose today. They have a highway sign that says here in Soldotna 168 moose have been killed in vehicle crashes so far this year! Bought some smoked salmon that is to die for with a cold brewski, I've already put a dent in both...Ha Ha!

Talked to Bob (AKaviator) today as he just back to Anchorage. Will see him next week as he is going fishing with my wife and I on a couple of Halibut/Salmon trips.

I'll get some pictures on tomorrow. Nice place. Everybody is getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend. Boats everywhere!

Thats all for now.............

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Was cloudy on Thursday and a little cool...in the 50's. Yesterday was clear and really nice, no wind and lots of sunshine.Supposed to be cloudy again.

Hardest thing for me to used to is the sunlight. Sunset is 11:00PM. Last night it was still light in the western sky at 1:00 AM!

Going to drive south to Homer today.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
As long as you've been shooting you probably have gunpowder in you veins.:rolleyes:
I am jealous.
My wife and I are looking to driving to AK next summer over a month or two. I'll be watching for pics you share with us.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I remember those late night sun sets when I was up in British Colombia 7 years ago on my bear hunt. The sun was only down for around 4 hours or so this time of year.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Enjoy CC! Fish on and live for the season! Go sun up to sun down! You can rest back at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
CC, you missed all the excitement down in your corner of Colorado.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-highway-closed-boulder-rockslide-roadway
Actually knew about it an hour or so after it happened, thanks to the wonderful world of text messaging. We all have been speculating when this would happen for the about 5 years. It always looked pretty dangerous. A real wet year and down it came. Going to be a job breaking that thing up into pieces small enough to move.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Did a drive up the Kenai today and it was really interesting. Saw 4 moose (one with a new calf), caribou, black bear and a huge brown bear. Didn't get too many pictures as we were driving. Beautiful country for sure with lots of wildlife. Fishing Thursday & Saturday for Halibut & Salmon.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Fished today.../.catching sucked! Weather front moved in last night and we had to drive to Homer (75miles) and launch the boat there. Cold and windy and pretty rough seas. 5 of us caught 4 halibut, tough fishing. Weather looks better for Saturday.