Acu digital camo

wapiti66

Aug 21, 2011
Kansas
I'd use them if you already have them. I don't believe your particular camo/pattern is that big of a deal. The most important thing in archery hunting is wind direction, everything else falls behind that. Unless, you have a bunch of cash burning a hole in your pocket, use what you got.

Old Hunter

Banned
Dec 28, 2011
Buena Vista, Co.
If you move, the animal will see you no matter what your wear. If you don't move. It matters little what you wear. Unless you're trying to fool another human.

mnhunter

Aug 23, 2011
Andover, Minnesota
As long as you are going to stay dry they should be fine. They aren't much different than Gore Optifade. I assume since you mention that you have a lot of them, that you are familiar with their characteristics. Just remember, in the mountains, "cotton kills", and these are basically that. If you had a choice in military surplus camo multicam, 3 color dessert, or woodland are much better choices.

hoshour

Veteran member
If you move, the animal will see you no matter what your wear. If you don't move. It matters little what you wear. Unless you're trying to fool another human.
Agreed. A couple years ago, my son-in-law, before his business took off and he could afford pricier camo, arrowed 6 deer a year (bag limits are generous in the Carolinas, but deer run small) just wearing a solid green sweatshirt and blue jeans.

hoshour

Veteran member
He is. I also couldn't ask for a better man for my younger daughter. One of the best things in life is to see your kids marry well and do a great job raising your grandkids.

They and my other daughter's family live within 15 minutes of me so I get to see most of my grandkids several times a week, which is the main reason I'm living in NC and not CO or MT. There's nothing like a bunch of young grandkids who light up and come running when they see you.

I am trying to get Jordan to start buying WY preference points with me so I can get him started on western hunting. He has been strictly an eastern whitetail bowhunter so far. He's said he's planning on it, so we'll see.