A sad day yesterday!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Many of you may have watched the hunting show "Sheep Shape". We lost Rick Carone yesterday to the dreaded diease Cancer! I know Rick was an inspiration to myself while getting into shape for hunting season. He not only battled the diease, but helped raise money to fight it and bring awareness to it also. Please have Rick and his family in your prayers!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I had seen the show and yes it was inspirational hearing the stories of those involved. I'd say the show was a notch above most of the 'garbage' that is on TV. Prayer for his family indeed.
Thanks for posting Pete as I had not heard this news.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Bone collector, I read yesterday on a FB sheep hunting post! Very sad, and yes those who were on Sheep Shape were just everyday folks, a veteran, cancer patient, abused woman a true inspiration to us all!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
After hearing of this, I looked up some details. He was truly an inspiration and a light in this world. His life was very touching and his passing saddening for those who knew of him or of him.
He will be missed by the hundreds who he personal touched as well as the millions via TV...

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Prayers sent for his family. His life reminds me of a quote from one of all time my favorite movies: Braveheart "Every man dies, not every man really lives"

Of course I didn't know him but I saw him on the show, as it is one of my favorites. It seems to me his life was cut short but he lived it to the fullest while he was here. He was a true inspiration to many who knew him and even those who only knew of him.

Go with God my friend.