A good book

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
CJ BOX books about a fictional game warden in Wyoming. A buddy just turned me on to them. They suck you in right away and hold your attention throughout the book. I'm on my third one in less than a month. He has several out.

SAVAGE RUN

TROPHY HUNT

There are several more besides these.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
CJ BOX books about a fictional game warden in Wyoming. A buddy just turned me on to them. They suck you in right away and hold your attention throughout the book. I'm on my third one in less than a month. He has several out.

SAVAGE RUN

TROPHY HUNT

There are several more besides these.
They kinda build on you. There is a connection between them and it helps if you read them in the order they were published. The interaction between the characters has history from the first book on.

JasonGNV

Very Active Member
Jul 17, 2013
Smith
Last Season, Into the Wild, Between a rock and a hard Spot ( books better than movie), Ben Lilly the Legend, Outlaw (The Claude Dallas Story). I'm into real stories about crazy adventures and surviving the odds.
The Gary Paulsen books are good, my son and I are reading those together.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Theodore Roosevelt. "Hunting Trips of a Ranchman" or "The Wilderness Hunter"........those two will make you re-think your manhood...... and if they don't, you're not welcome in my elk camp.......unless you are older than me :)...coffee is always hot.

Awise1

Mar 17, 2011
N. Calif
Haven't read 'Death in the Long Grass' but really enjoyed Robert Ruark's-'Horn of the Hunter'. Also, Ken Kesey's-'Sometimes A Great Notion' and any of Tom Clancy's novels.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The Bible.
yup! love c.j box and many others but wether you are a believer or not(actually, especially if your not) the bible is the one book all should read so you can make an informed decision. plus if you manage to get through it on your trip, you can gleen more info on each and every reading of it, wheras most books are only worth the one reading.

Last edited:

marshmstr

Nov 27, 2014
Port Allen, LA
I took y'all advise and picked up a dozen r so CJ Box books....pretty good, suck you in quick and keep you thinking. I definitely like them. Unfortunately I'm going through them pretty quick and will be searching for a new series haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoshour

Veteran member
Another idea - read an easy to read small book about understanding your wife. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Only-Revised-Updated-Straightforward/dp/1601424450/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463144027&sr=1-1&keywords=for+men+only

Having your wife know that you are thinking about understanding her even while you are away hunting, will score a ton of points and you'll be surprised at what you learn.

This book is really insightful. I asked my wife about different things and she would say, "Yes, that's me" and it would bring tears to her eyes that I was finally getting to understand her.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I took y'all advise and picked up a dozen r so CJ Box books....pretty good, suck you in quick and keep you thinking. I definitely like them. Unfortunately I'm going through them pretty quick and will be searching for a new series haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you like c.j. I would suggest you look AT LEE Childs , Jack Reacher series.

or ,and I forget the author for the moment but check out the Walt Longmire series.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Since I'm an old fart I still like actual books. Here is a classic even though it was published in 1967 it's still a great book.0514161620-00.jpg

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
craig johnson is the author of the walt longmire series.

also , if you like c.j. you might enjoy clive cusslers books.easy reads like c.j.

best way to describe his books is louis lamour of the ocean

Last edited: