7 PRC Barrel Length

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
With the suppressor following growing like crazy I would go with the shorter barrel and then add the suppressor. The Backcountry from Silencer Central is what I am planning on trying out with with my 6.5 PRC this fall.

Reactions: RogueMountainHunter

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
If you have any plans to run a can, go shorter. I’m planning on re-barreling my 300RUM to 18”, so my overall barrel length with a can is still 26”, currently I’m at 36”.

Last edited:

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
With the suppressor following growing like crazy I would go with the shorter barrel and then add the suppressor. The Backcountry from Silencer Central is what I am planning on trying out with with my 6.5 PRC this fall.
hoping to hear your opinions on the backcountry. i have 2 on order currently. one for my wife, who is shooting a braked 30/06 and the other i may use on my 300RUM,300WSM, or my 243 AI

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
hoping to hear your opinions on the backcountry. i have 2 on order currently. one for my wife, who is shooting a braked 30/06 and the other i may use on my 300RUM,300WSM, or my 243 AI
I will certainly try, the biggest thing is that I will have to make sure that I am clear on my opinion as I'm relatively new to this suppressor space on rifles.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I will certainly try, the biggest thing is that I will have to make sure that I am clear on my opinion as I'm relatively new to this suppressor space on rifles.
thats even better, because these are new to me also. And its still just our own opinion. but thats good enough for me.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I have a question about suppressors. I have a .300 Wby Number 1 Ruger with a muzzle brake . Do suppressors decrease the recoil like MB's?
If you get the correct can it will be real close. My 9lb 300RUM is very pleasant to shoot with the can on, without it, could give some a flinch real easy. The other cool part is I don’t need hearing protection with the can on.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Really wanting a 7prc myself!

Love that some of these newer rifles have barrels shorter than 26"!

I've see a few offering 22" as well as 24" and 20"

I personally don't planned to run a suppressor... so I'm leaning towards 22"

Let us know what you get and how you like it.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
So I will shamelessly say this, Silencer Central has been great for us to deal with as a company. They have been a breath of fresh air in the customer service department. I have gone through the process like I was a consumer and it has been a great experience.