3D leafy camo

huntnfool62

Aug 8, 2011
Southeast Michigan
I'm headed to Wyoming to try my luck at archery hunting for antelope. I was hoping someone with more Experiance than I could tell me if Leafy wear camo is good for stalking antelope ? read in Mike E's book that they can see movement really well so if the wind is blowing and the leafy wear is moving is that something that they will be afraid of ? this is my first attempt at these speedsters and I dont know much about the vegitation in Wy. is there anything in the pronghorns world that move like leaves in the wind ?
thanks
Dean

Reflex

Apr 21, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I would say that you might stick out more than you would blend in. Vegetation varies of course, but typically sage brush isn't real "leafy".

chadderbox

Feb 26, 2011
Riverton, Wy
I don't think it will necessarily scare them but you'll be pegged... 95% of the time your gonna be seen... There is several western theme camo patterns out there...Anything that breaks up your pattern will work... Try using the topography and get in front of where they are traveling is the best bet for spot and stalk or possibly decoying... The leaves blowing is just going to attract attention to you, just my opinion, hard to beat their eyes... Also they don't see as well in low light situations... Good luck to you!!!

mthuntress

Mar 2, 2011
Dillon,MT
Check out ASAT camo it works I was out taking photos today and got to with in 15 yards over an 18" buck sitting.and stalked with in 20 yards of a 17" buck. And dont get me going on the deer and elk.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I wouldn't use leafy camo because you'd definately stick out. I'd recommend using Seclusion 3D Open Country, Realtree Max-1, or Mossy Oak Brush camo. Seclusion 3D Open Country and Realtree Max-1 are extremely effective when attempting to blend in with sagebrush and Mossy Oak Brush blends in very well with prarie and grasslands.