.300 Weatherby Brass

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I just inventoried my .300 Weatherby brass and I have a lot more than I need. If you reload .300 Wby and need some brass, PM me. It is free, just pay the postage to get it to you.

I have around 100 pieces, most is Weatherby brand and 20 or so Federal nickel plated.

Last edited:
Reactions: memtb and dan maule

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Nice offer CC!

Did you get your new gun all dialed in yet?
My 'smith has it installing a muzzle brake on it. Have not shot it yet. Hope to get it back min a couple of weeks, then get some rounds downrange thru it!
I have been going thru and inspecting all my brass and really have a lot more than I can use, so I'm thinning them out.

Reactions: mallardsx2

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
We'll let this sit for a while and see if anyone need it, but I can use it for my .340. It's too bad that you can't restamp the heads with the correct caliber. But since I don't have a .300 any that I resize up to the larger caliber will be good.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
We'll let this sit for a while and see if anyone need it, but I can use it for my .340. It's too bad that you can't restamp the heads with the correct caliber. But since I don't have a .300 any that I resize up to the larger caliber will be good.
I'll wait awhile and if there are no takers, I'll PM you.

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
One of these days I am going to have to take a trip down to see CC and his reloading room and see what else I might need.

My big problem is that I am also getting towards the end of loading and hunting and have narrowed down my rifles and rounds to what I use anymore. But those 300 Weatherby cases will be put to good use by necking them up to .340 and using them here in the US. I thought about taking them to Africa but if they inspect the cases and find that it says 300 and not 340 odds are they would confiscate them. I haven't heard of that happening but the way that my luck goes at times I would be the one.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
One of these days I am going to have to take a trip down to see CC and his reloading room and see what else I might need.

My big problem is that I am also getting towards the end of loading and hunting and have narrowed down my rifles and rounds to what I use anymore. But those 300 Weatherby cases will be put to good use by necking them up to .340 and using them here in the US. I thought about taking them to Africa but if they inspect the cases and find that it says 300 and not 340 odds are they would confiscate them. I haven't heard of that happening but the way that my luck goes at times I would be the one.
Sending you a PM.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Can you just run an expander ball with lube through the case mouth to get the extra .020 out of it or will it weaken the brass?

I have never sized up anything expect for .223 to 300 AAC and that involves trimming the brass back with a little saw setup (Which is really slick actually) and basically the same process.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There is usually no problem going up or down in size as long as it isn't too much. The first 340 Weatherby mags were just 300's that were ran through a .340 sizing die. Likewise a 300 is no more than a 300 H&H that has been fire formed blowing out the shoulders.

I will most of the time use a neck trimmer after changing calibers to keep the neck the same thickness throughout. I'll do this if I am sizing up or down.