2B rifle rut Deer Tag!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I got drawn for 2B rifle deer on the late november rut hunt!!!!!!! SO STOKED!!!!!!!!! Got to kill a big buck!!!!

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
Game and Fish just sent some people emails out tonight. I haven't got emails for elk or oryx yet.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I'm pretty sure that the mule deer rut begins in November, i remember mike eastman talking about that.

nmbugler

May 9, 2012
New Mexico
Congrats on a great tag. There is definetly a little pre rut going on during this time but not the true rut. Expect to see a little swelling in the necks and maybe a little chasing here and there. For sure the best chance at a mature buck screwing up without buying a governors tag. They aren't really stiff legged and drooling stupid until first week of December. Realistically, you can expect to see some great deer! Especially if theres some good snow up North. Just dont be the guy stuck near the highway because you werent prepared for mud
Good luck

NMHUNTER

Aug 29, 2012
Roswell, NM
have hunted that hunt before and you probably arent going to get any rutting action. not til the end of november or beginning of december. its still a very good hunt you will literally see hundreds of deer a day. good luck and post some pics