2023 Antelope/Deer and Resident Elk Results Available

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Draw Odds are posted.

Looks to me like point holders came out of the freaking woodwork this year. So much for everyone feeling sorry for the animals. lol

I'm seeing a 2–3-point jump across a ton of the units I was looking at applying for in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Draw Odds are posted.

Looks to me like point holders came out of the freaking woodwork this year. So much for everyone feeling sorry for the animals. lol

I'm seeing a 2–3-point jump across a ton of the units I was looking at applying for in the next couple of years.
I think a lot of people that were holding out for a premium areas decided it wasn't worth it after the winter kill. I have heard from quite a few guys who just wanted to cash in their points and be done.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
Something happened!
A bunch of us have been in contact with each other this morning and none, nobody, zilch have drawn anything but general tags for deer and elk!
A few of us drew antelope due to putting in for a poor area but we have private access for.

All of us are residents.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Something happened!
A bunch of us have been in contact with each other this morning and none, nobody, zilch have drawn anything but general tags for deer and elk!
A few of us drew antelope due to putting in for a poor area but we have private access for.

All of us are residents.
I have a couple of resident buddies that drew good LQ deer hunts. I think it's just a tough year with the reduced tags and winterkill. Or you guys are just unlucky lol.

Reactions: Maxhunter

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Ha, probably a combination of both, lol.
Three of us have not drawn a single LE tag in three years.

Like I have said many times on this site and many others:

"Even if residents had ALL the tags, and no NR's were allowed to hunt (Insert ANY state here), Resident hunters would still not likely draw LE tags with any form of regularity and their licenses would cost 10X more....and then fight amongst themselves for who deserves the tags..."

Reactions: 00BUCK

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
I think that next years prices go way up for non res so many people should be cashing in points this year. I did not apply for WY this year. After looking over the odds my favorite lope unit came down in points. I would have drawn

Reactions: mallardsx2