2022 hunts!

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I know it’s early, but it’s snowing sideways here and I got nothing else to do.....so let’s here what everybody has planned for 2022 so far!
My plans:
- Ice fishing all winter. I bought a Banks Scout edition blind/shanty. Will be awesome for bringing the kids out and keeping them warm and happy
- Spring turkey for my oldest son, wife, and if time allows...me
-apply for Montana general combo, which I’m not banking on with no preference points
-apply for Idaho controlled hunts...always the long shot!
-as always, home deer bow and gun hunting. We’ll see how my oldest son does with shooting his rifle and how well behaved he is to see if he’s ready to go on his first hunt.
-tagging along on my buddies Bison hunt in December in South Dakota, I told him after that we’re heading down to Nebraska for muzzleloader deer. He better agree to that!!!!
-I booked a Dall sheep/Grizzly combo in Alaska for 2025! It’s something I decided I have to do. Prices are rising and if I didn’t book it now, I never will! That gives me plenty of time to put the money away. The wife was actually a lot more understanding than I would’ve ever imagined....so it’s all good!!!

So let’s here what you guys got planned!!!!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Africa, that's about as far as I have gotten.

I'll just put in for points for turkey and not even bother with a OTC tag this year.
Muzzle loader deer in unit 44 Colorado
The odds are against me but bison or pronghorn in Utah
Muzzle loader deer in Utah.
First of February I'm headed to Arizona for a handgun javelina hunt.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
"Professional guide/camp cook/caller/butcher/packer" for the wife in Colorado for another Elk.
We will go back to Illinois again to try to get a couple more good bucks.

Everything else is cancelled due to vaccination requirements.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I'll apply for a lot of tags and hope to get lucky, but the most likely hunts will be Kansas deer and Montana deer.

We also have a trip to Yellowstone planned for October, so that cuts into hunting time.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I've got 11 points for Colorado elk and I have to decide what I am going to do with them. I just turned 80, so I'll need to use them in the next few years.
Trying to put together a Wyoming antelope hunt. No deer this year as I used all my points last fall. I have e few points for Colorado antelope and might use them if nothing works out for Wyoming.

Last edited:

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
OTC blacktail and archery elk , rifle elk and deer for wife here in Oregon
Sitka blacktails in Kodiak/ maybe some fishing afterwards
AND if Wyoming tag gods are nice maybe archery elk in the bighorns..... last year 12 wasnt enough
Just apply for the tough tags and hope in the other states.........

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
On the for sure list:

Wyoming: elk 3 tags, deer 2 tags, pronghorn 3-6 tags (probably end up pitching most of them again), bear, lion, and wolf tags.

Montana: NR Native OTC deer tag, hope to also burn my 14 deer points.

Illinois: deer

Alaska: Annual fishing trip with 5 friends.

My wife can draw all but maybe the top 3 moose areas in WY and has enough sheep points to draw 6-7 units...up to her if she wants to draw a tag this year or wait.

Hopefully something from the draws in MT, WY, CO, AZ, UT, NV, ID for myself, Wife, 2 nephews, Dad, and Brother. We'll have over a hundred live applications out for sheep, moose, goat, deer, elk, pronghorn. Some states as many as 22 points for some species, most all the rest with 15-20 points. My nephews are only at about 6-8 points per species, but they have a long time to draw...and they've both already drawn a few good tags each.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I can see I do not have near enough plans to hunt as I should. Dang Buzz If memory serves me correct aren't you the one that wants to limit tags o_O .
I do have a caribou hunt in Alaska in August. Due to this trip I will not be able to apply for New Mexico antelope.
Not enough points for any Wyoming draws.
After my paid hunt for Texas whitetail hunt this year. I will never do that again. I have made up my mind if I can't do it on my own. I will find another hunt to do. Watching for deer at feeders you can't shoot is no fun. Wish I had that $3,500.00 back. And to top that off I have a license for Texas and no public land to hunt. I am glad I do not live in Texas.

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas

AZ Spring Javelina (Drawn)
AZ: Elk, Deer (Pending application)
NM: Elk, Deer (Pending application)
CO: OTC, points... (not sure yet)
WY: Pronghorn (Pending application)

Might squeeze in a bear hunt somewhere and spring turkey for my 12 year old

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
I'll likely be sitting on the bench as far as western hunts go this year but I do have a September bear hunt in Michigan planned. Will also hunt Michigan and Ohio for deer and turkey

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Wyoming elk with 14 points booked with Shoshone Outfitters.
Met with the owner Josh this weekend at the sheep show and now I’m really fired up to go!

We never know but we should also draw Wyoming Antelope with 8 points.

Nevada is always a crap shoot but we should draw deer and possible Antelope.

Ca will be OTC deer and bear. took 8 points last time I drew a X Zone tag now I’m back to 2.

This year I’m going to Idaho so a fishing trip on the Snake and to learn how to fly fish.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Ok, I will play:

Wyoming Elk - Late Season
Wyoming Mule Deer - Not sure yet, I love the high country too much
Wyoming Type 3 - Unsure on that one yet...
Wyoming Antelope - Will shoot for the moon.
Nevada Elk - Late season on that one too
Nevada Deer - Hmmmm, I haven't 100% decided yet.
Montana - My name will be in the hat for a deer tag.

If I do CO I am going with the landowner route.