2022 Eastmans' Antelope Success Thread / Journal Submission

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys! This will be the 2022 antelope success thread. Please post up all of your antelope picks and success stories. Our editor will be checking this thread daily for submissions. Good luck to you all on your epic adventures this fall. We can't wait to read about and see your photos.

-Eastmans' Team

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I had a great hunt this year for sure in Nv! Killed my best buck to date after passing many other smaller low to mid 70” bucks.
Day 4 I found this guy and loved how tall he looked and also being the biggest I found the stalk was on! 940 yards down to the last bush I could crawl to for a shot was 450. I squeezed one off from my Savage 28 Nosler and he dropped in his tracks.
We goofed around with the skull trying some new ways of taking pics.
Enjoy! I can’t wait to see everyone else’s!41121C1EA9D62-9536-4ABE-9F3E-D971D3D40494.jpeg8CAB6886-5066-41C4-BBFD-085685468A30.jpeg3E898971-1A4B-4C02-9686-21B17AB81657.jpeg1DEB6C64-FED6-49C3-AB0A-CD76D392CF43.jpeg

Last edited:

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
By the way those are not my legs in that last group of photos! Lol I don’t wear white socks let alone short ones! Plus that guy is short! Haha

My buddy came out on day 3 to give me a hand. The only other buck I was going to go after was in the middle of hell 2 miles in a flat with 10 does. I would have had to pack him out and back up the mountain to my camp. He was a mid 70” buck with flared out prongs similar to one Scott and I had found in Wyoming a few years back. If he was 80” or better I would have gone after him by myself but when Kenny showed up we decided to move to my second honey hole and it paid off!

Thanks Guys

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
After seeing Ikeepitcolds great buck, I feel like a slacker for not holding out :). No not really!
I drew a tag unexpectedly in a unit I'd never been to and thought I might not have an opportunity to go, due to trying to put a shop and a house in, plus needing to pull honey and medicate my 200 colonies of bees and keep up with my regular job too. I drew MT and CO deer tags, but they are for November and were somewhat expected, so they hopefully will fit better with this years crazy schedule.

Anyway back to NV. I was able to make a quick, but fun trip and punch my tag on a nice little buck. Even though I only had a couple days to hunt, I saw some cool country and learned a lot about the area while coming home with some good eats!
Thanks to the guys from here that gave me a place to start, it was really helpful with only having a few days for the trip. This is my second antelope tag in NV and both have been a great bonus! I put in mainly for deer, elk and desert sheep, but always throw a few choices in for all the other species available too! Makes for a fun surprise to add a quick trip to the schedule and see some new country!

25251.jpeg20220823_190938.jpg

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
My Daughter got her first lope this last Tuesday. Her and I where stocking down a draw after a group that had two bucks fighting when my Daughter says Dad there is a lope behind us, WHAT, i turn around to see a buck running at us from 300yds or so. I told her get ready it runs into 180yds and stops looking straight as us . I told her to put the cross hairs right where we've been practicing and discussing . Well she made a great shot it took one step and that's all she wrote. So proud of her, see's had three big game tags and three punched tags.

Attachments

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
My Daughter got her first lope this last Tuesday. Her and I where stocking down a draw after a group that had two bucks fighting when my Daughter says Dad there is a lope behind us, WHAT, i turn around to see a buck running at us from 300yds or so. I told her get ready it runs into 180yds and stops looking straight as us . I told her to put the cross hairs right where we've been practicing and discussing . Well she made a great shot it took one step and that's all she wrote. So proud of her, see's had three big game tags and three punched tags.
Congrats, on your daughters success. Sounds like she has plenty more in her future with that success record :)!

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
I had a great hunt this year for sure in Nv! Killed my best buck to date after passing many other smaller low to mid 70” bucks.
Day 4 I found this guy and loved how tall he looked and also being the biggest I found the stalk was on! 940 yards down to the last bush I could crawl to for a shot was 450. I squeezed one off from my Savage 28 Nosler and he dropped in his tracks.
We goofed around with the skull trying some new ways of taking pics.
Enjoy! I can’t wait to see everyone else’s!View attachment 41121View attachment 41122View attachment 41123View attachment 41124View attachment 41125
Dandy buck!!

Reactions: Ikeepitcold